Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Subscribe" to thread function not working

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Subscribe" to thread function not working

Sometimes it does. Mostly it does not. At least for me. 

Who has the magic potion?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Subscribe" to thread function not working

Anyone?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried it in 10 different threads and it worked every time.  Not sure what is causing your inability to do so.  What happens when you click on ‘subscribe’?  Any message appear that shows you are now subscribed?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I get the "you have subscribed" message. And then some threads work. But others, like this one, do not update me -- I am subscribed, but got no notification you replied. 

Is there a subscription limit? 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I get the "you have subscribed" message. And then some threads work. But others, like this one, do not update me -- I am subscribed, but got no notification you replied. 

Not that I know of.  Make sure that in your notification settings, you have it set to receive notifications for all posts in your subscribed threads.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not that I know of.  Make sure that in your notification settings, you have it set to receive notifications for all posts in your subscribed threads.

From My Settings: under My Subscriptions:

MESSAGE 0

From My Settings: under Notification Settings:

For my forum subscriptions, notify me for

All postsOnly the first post in each topicUse default (All posts)

I don't know what to do differently. Note that the subscription for this thread, shown above, shows a 0 for Message. More suggestions (and thank you for your assistence to this point).
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn’t much more for me to suggest.  The only other thing that I can think of is that your email server isn’t sending you the notifications when a post is made that you’re subscribed to.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't get email notifications (turned off), only the notifications provided here (in the bell). And on some/most threads this work just fine. But then on others, like this one that show me subscribed, I get nothing. 

Thanks for the help, Irish. It's probably something silly that I'm doing wrong & with more time on the site will eventually become obvious. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.