Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggestion: be able to search a user's original posts

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

suggestion: be able to search a user's original posts

Howdy--Since we're all popping up with suggestions and requests, I have another one. Is there some way that we could click on a user's name and have the option to pull up the threads that s/he originated, not just posted on? I was trying to find a post where I had written something incorrect, but for the life of me, I couldn't pick it out from all the others listed, screen after screen. If there were a way to cut that down, it would be pretty spiffy.

Not to mention trying to find a post by a mod! many thanks
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: suggestion: be able to search a user's original posts

Great idea hauling! I like it.
Message 2 of 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Howdy--Since we're all popping up with suggestions and requests, I have another one. Is there some way that we could click on a user's name and have the option to pull up the threads that s/he originated, not just posted on? I was trying to find a post where I had written something incorrect, but for the life of me, I couldn't pick it out from all the others listed, screen after screen. If there were a way to cut that down, it would be pretty spiffy.

Not to mention trying to find a post by a mod! many thanks

Cool idea that I'll add to the ever-growing wish list.  Have you thought of using the keyword search for trying to find your post?

Barry
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Barry wrote:

Cool idea that I'll add to the ever-growing wish list. Have you thought of using the keyword search for trying to find your post?

Barry

Yes, and funny you should mention that! I'd also love a way to search by author AND key word--in others words, only turn up the posts by that particular author with that word. Don't know if you can do a double filter, or whatever the technical term is. (Pretty certain that's not it!) Usually I enter the term and then look for their name, but we're talking screen after screen after screen.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Yes, and funny you should mention that! I'd also love a way to search by author AND key word--in others words, only turn up the posts by that particular author with that word. Don't know if you can do a double filter, or whatever the technical term is. (Pretty certain that's not it!) Usually I enter the term and then look for their name, but we're talking screen after screen after screen.

Good ideas, Hauling.  I'll add them to the list but don't know what else to tell you, other than to go down each board and look under Author....
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.