cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 reports per year with SW. What if you restart subscription?

tag
Kendro
Contributor

2 reports per year with SW. What if you restart subscription?

I completed 3 months of SW but only accessed my report once. If I access my second report and cancel, and restart my subscription 3 months later, does myFICO remember that I utilized 2 reports in a year? Or can you keep accessing 2 reports whenever you restart a sub? The reason I ask is because I don't need to access another report and I'm not sure if I should save it for a few months down the line after I restart a new subscription.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2 reports per year with SW. What if you restart subscription?

If you are going to cancel the subscription, why would you want to resubscribe?

Message 2 of 15
Kendro
Contributor

I decided that I don't need it for an entire year but rather 6 months since $15 a month is a little steep. So I would like to keep it on for 3 months and then stay off it for 3 months and repeat.
Message 3 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Kendro wrote:
I decided that I don't need it for an entire year but rather 6 months since $15 a month is a little steep. So I would like to keep it on for 3 months and then stay off it for 3 months and repeat.

Wouldn't it be much cheaper to pull the report as needed vs. the min. $45 committment? You'd get the same number of reports in the end, and that's assuming you don't find any discount codes like the Mothers' Day one floating out there now at 20% off.

Message 4 of 15
2NE1
Established Contributor

I subscribed to SW mid-January for one year and paid $99.95 = $8.33/month! Smiley Very Happy that was a heck of a deal!

@llecs do you know if there's gonna be a Father's Day discount as well? I'd definitely like to purchase my TU report then. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Mods don't have insider information. Smiley Sad

But I think they should for Dad's Day in keeping with tradition: BBQ, sports, chasing the groms around, and FICO scores. It doesn't get any more American than that...well, almost.

Message 6 of 15
2NE1
Established Contributor

Oh, I see. I just assume that every year the discounts are given around the same time. I've been keeping track of the one's we've got so far. This is my first year subscribed.

Thanks though! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 15
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Is it two reports per year or two reports per membership term (minimum 3 months)? I was under the impression that you could get a membership for the three months with 2 reports and then start another three months with another two reports. I guess that is not how it works? So for $179.40 per calender year that buys two reports with scores? Looks like I will be cancelling this as well.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 8 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@calihlove75 wrote:

Is it two reports per year or two reports per membership term (minimum 3 months)? I was under the impression that you could get a membership for the three months with 2 reports and then start another three months with another two reports. I guess that is not how it works? So for $179.40 per calender year that buys two reports with scores? Looks like I will be cancelling this as well.

Score Watch Benefits:

• Monitors your credit report at Equifax on a daily basis and your FICO®score on a weekly basis
  • Notifies you when you reach your target score or when you might qualify for a better interest rate
  • Alerts you when unexpected changes to your credit report cause your FICO® score to drop
  • Provides two Equifax Score Power reports each year

It's two reports per year, with one of the two being used when you subscribe. If you opt for the monthly term vs. paying annually, there's a min. 3 month committment with access to the one report used upon subscribing, with the 2nd being available after 3 months (I guess inserted to keep folks from cheating the system by subscribing and then cancelling over and over for free reports). If you pay annually, then the 2nd report is available for you to use anytime. Upon renewal, then two more are added. If you used up the reports, additional ones are 30% off.

IMO, it's a good product, provided your goal is to monitor your EQ FICO score. The cost per year is $149.95, which seems high, but each FICO report pull is $19.95 otherwise. If you pull your EQ FICO report more than 7 times per year for the EQ FICO score only, it definitely is more cheaper to go with SW. If a FICO score isn't important, then it isn't worth it. If the focus is reports only, then there are CMSs out there that are much cheaper.

Message 9 of 15
calihlove75
Established Contributor

"with the 2nd being available after 3 months"

I signed up on the 6th(got first during the trial) and used my second one a few days ago. Both reports done same month.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.