cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert shows score increase, but Dashboard shows score decrease..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alert shows score increase, but Dashboard shows score decrease..

When I log into MYFICO, I have an alert showing my TU score has increased by +8pts, but the Dashboard shows a decrease for TU by -8pts for a net gain of 0.  Example  My alert states increase of TU score to 808, but Dashboard shows a decrease in TU score to 808, so either my score was 800 or 816...

Anyone ever seen this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alert shows score increase, but Dashboard shows score decrease..

Yep -- alerts are only triggered by a certain small subset of changes.  So you may get an alertworthy change that triggers an alert AND a fresh score, but then the same day something else gets changed a little bit later that ISN'T alertworthy and that wipes the change out.

But, in reality what may be happening is that MyFico's alert shows you 808 but they haven't updated their main page yet to update that 800 score from a prior alert/1B pull.  So I'd give it a few days to hopefully settle.

See my signature link on alerts and score changes to see the list of what triggers an alert on what bureau.

NOTE: MyFico doesn't actually monitor your reports for changes.  Instead, they pay the 3 bureaus for a subscription to changes, and only when those alertworthy changes occur do the bureaus individually tell MyFico that your report changed. MyFico is just a "middle man" who tells you what the bureaus tell them.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.