Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Unpause Account??

tag
starting_over30
Established Member

Can't Unpause Account??

I've spoken to a couple of reps and so far apparently if you pause your account there is no way to resume before the date you set to restart when orriginally paused.  I found a thread from 2019 where people had the same issue.  Their only fix was to cancel, resubscribe and lose all historical data, or wait for the website to automatically resume on its own - neither is something I want to do.

Why in the world do they keep this pause/unpause feature if it doesn't even work?  More importantly, why isn't it getting fixed when it's been broken since 2019?  At the very least they need to add a warning before pausing that you will not be able to unpause it, (which is the opposite of what it says).

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Centurion_Dreamer
New Contributor

Re: Can't Unpause Account??

According to this article in the support center it is not possible to un-pause your subscription:

https://support.myfico.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037599634-How-do-I-un-pause-my-subscription-

In my opinion it could be outdated, because I remember that I did something like un-pausing.

But perhaps it was starting a new subscription (I cannot remember the process exactly).

I have definitly not created a new account or something like that.

Active Cards (TCL 127k):
Message 2 of 4
Sara_FICO
myFICO Employee

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  A paused subscription can be un-paused from your subscription and billing page under the profile menu.  The article referenced above has been updated to reflect this current information.  We will work with our customer service team to ensure that they are providing the correct information to our valued customers. 

If you have any trouble un-pausing a paused subscription, please reach out to our customer care team.

Message 3 of 4
RedFox2

Don't hit the pause button; hit the cancel button.

Putting your MyFico subscription on pause is like sending your money on a mysterious vacation that only benefits MyFico! This pause button is about as useful as a chocolate teapot because it's there to make you conveniently forget that your subscription is gearing up for a comeback tour. And guess what? When that day arrives, you'll be hit with a non-refundable service charge that's just music to MyFico's ears. It happened to me, and my subscription had barely stretched its legs before it was resurrected.

I'm starting to think that the customer service over at MyFico might just be AI robots in disguise because their responses were about as spontaneous as a rehearsed puppet show. I kicked off the refund request extravaganza on October 3rd, but it seems like MyFico is on a break of its own, and resolution is nowhere in sight.

So, here's the moral of the story: don't hit the pause button; hit the cancel button. You won't lose a thing, and it's the only way to save yourself from a subscription rollercoaster with MyFico. 🎢🚫💸 #MyFicoMisadventure

This is the link to my Myfico post: Why I'll Never Hit the Pause Button on MyFico Prem... - myFICO® Forums - 6714557

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.