Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Alert from myFICO But No Collections On Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Alert from myFICO But No Collections On Reports

Alright, I have to vent....

About an hour ago I got an alert from MyFICO that there were "changes to the information in my credit report" on  1/30/2020.  I logged in to my online account and to my utter astonishment it said that collection activity had been added to my account for the amount of $218.  No creditor is named but my TransUnion score fell by 69 points.

Since then I've called TransUnion three times to get details on who the creditor might be, and how and why the collection is on my credit report.  Each time I was assured that there is no collection activity on my account, and the reps all told me they will send me a hard copy of my credit report within 7 days for me to verify for myself.  I also pulled up my TrueIdentity (TransUnion) account, refreshed the credit report section, and there is no collection activity there.  WalletHub and Credit Karma, for what they are worth, don't show any activity either.

What the FICO is going on?  Should I wait for MyFICO to correct itself?  I can't find any way to contact them directly.

EDIT:  Found MyFICO's phone number but their recording says they don't control the data nor can they do updates; I should contact the credit bureau directly.

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 1.36.04 PM.png

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - January 2020

@Anonymous wrote:

About an hour ago I got an alert from MyFICO that there were "changes to the information in my credit report" on  1/30/2020.  I logged in to my online account and to my utter astonishment it said that collection activity had been added to my account for the amount of $218.  No creditor is named but my TransUnion score fell by 69 points.

Since then I've called TransUnion three times to get details on who the creditor might be, and how and why the collection is on my credit report.  Each time I was assured that there is no collection activity on my account, and the reps all told me they will send me a hard copy of my credit report within 7 days for me to verify for myself.  I also pulled up my TrueIdentity (TransUnion) account, refreshed the credit report section, and there is no collection activity there.  WalletHub and Credit Karma, for what they are worth, don't show any activity either.

What the FICO is going on?  Should I wait for MyFICO to correct itself?  I can't find any way to contact them directly.

Sorry for this, first time I have heard of something like it.

No clue how to help, but would like it if you follow up and let us know what you find out.

Message 2 of 15
newfossil
Valued Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No clue how to help, but would like it if you follow up and let us know what you find out.

TU sucks. I hope you get it figured out

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newfossil wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not ready to apportion blame just yet especially since its only in MyFICO's reporting.  Of course MyFICO wills say they are just reporting what the credit bureau has; but TransUnion has told me that they don't have any such activity on my account.  I even asked to open a dispute and the rep told me she couldn't do it since there was nothing to dispute on my credit report.  She also mentioned something about "latency" which I surmise is the lag between their updates and MyFICO's reporting.  But that doesn't explain anything to me unless I assume that a collection momentarily appeared on my TU report and was removed when they updated last night.

Message 4 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@newfossil wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not ready to apportion blame just yet especially since its only in MyFICO's reporting.  Of course MyFICO wills say they are just reporting what the credit bureau has; but TransUnion has told me that they don't have any such activity on my account.  I even asked to open a dispute and the rep told me she couldn't do it since there was nothing to dispute on my credit report.

Probably a myFICO glitch.   ..Hopefully Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Collection Alert from myFICO But No Collections On Reports

@Anonymous  I want you to be able to get some resolution for this problem, so rather than having it buried in the Garden Club, I've moved it to the myFICO Product Feedback subforum.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous  I want you to be able to get some resolution for this problem, so rather than having it buried in the Garden Club, I've moved it to the myFICO Product Feedback subforum.

Thanks for your help.  I wasn't sure I wanted to make a topic out of the issue or where to post it.

Message 7 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Of course!  That's what we're here for.

She also mentioned something about "latency" which I surmise is the lag between their updates and MyFICO's reporting.  But that doesn't explain anything to me unless I assume that a collection momentarily appeared on my TU report and was removed when they updated last night.

Elaborating on that last part, do you have old collections that have been disputed or removed (even due to age) that may have momentarily been added back onto your TU report to trigger the alert and then been removed again immediately?

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Of course!  That's what we're here for.

She also mentioned something about "latency" which I surmise is the lag between their updates and MyFICO's reporting.  But that doesn't explain anything to me unless I assume that a collection momentarily appeared on my TU report and was removed when they updated last night.

Elaborating on that last part, do you have old collections that have been disputed or removed (even due to age) that may have momentarily been added back onto your TU report to trigger the alert and then been removed again immediately?

No on both counts.

Message 9 of 15
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I also pulled up my TrueIdentity (TransUnion) account, refreshed the credit report section, and there is no collection activity there.  WalletHub and Credit Karma, for what they are worth, don't show any activity either.

Check Credit Sesame, Factor Trust, annualcreditreport.com, any Synchrony or other ccc that uses Trans Van.....just look around.  I had a MyFico report that was incorrect; I called a number provided my Cindy here at MyFico and they pulled a fresh report; a supervisor approved the fresh pull.  PM Cindy for the number.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.