cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 306

tag
datdude101

Error 306

I was attempting to purchase my EQ and TU scores/reports from here and I got an Error 306. I no longer have to ability to get score through myFico. There is a message with  a 800 number to call and they tell me to mention Error 306. I went ahead and did this, and after giving the information over the phone they said they can't get my information from equifax and that I would have to call them. They gave me a number and when I called them and gave my information they said that myFico should be able to get my information and there was nothing they could do on their end and I had to contact myFico, and then he just repeately just tried to sell me their FAKO scores and report.

No point in calling myFico again since they just told me to call Equifax. If myFico CS can't help me and equifax CS can't help me am I stuck buying FAKO scores, and unable to use these products? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Error 306

Have you been successful in purchasing or pulling reports from other sources, like from the CRAs themselves?

Message 2 of 7
datdude101

Through annualcreditreport.com I couldn't get any they told me to either call in or mail in for report. Is this once per calander year or once every 12 months? Cause if its the latter I'm not eligible, but would be only free pull in 2013

With experian's $1 score and trail, I was able to get experians report, and with transunions free trail also able to get report. No luck with Equifax. And I don't want to purchase random FAKOs from these other sites.

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Do you have a fraud alert reporting on EQ, or rather did you ever place a fraud alert or dispute anything in the past as not yours? That would prevent a myFICO purchase.

Message 4 of 7
datdude101

No Fraud alert to my knowledge at least I didn't place one, and haven't disputed anythign with Equifax. So your saying I'm permanetly blocked from myFico?

I'm not trying to figure out why its blocked right now, I'm trying to figure out if its fixable, yes/no? And how to do so since caling equifax they told me I am not blocked from myFico pulling my info.

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@datdude101 wrote:

No Fraud alert to my knowledge at least I didn't place one, and haven't disputed anythign with Equifax. So your saying I'm permanetly blocked from myFico?

I'm not trying to figure out why its blocked right now, I'm trying to figure out if its fixable, yes/no? And how to do so since caling equifax they told me I am not blocked from myFico pulling my info.

No, not permanently blocked. You'd want to figure out if that's the issue (vs. something else), and if it is, you would need to remove the FA first. I mentioned FA because someone else posted the same error and the FA topic was thrown out. You can always call myFICO to be sure. Most all services in the realm of credit and credit monitoring, like myFICO's products, will require the FA to be removed if that is the issue. I know myFICO isn't flexible on that, but I think it's EQ that places that restriction and bars myFICO from accessing your file. I'd definitely call EQ back and see what's up. If annualcreditreport is blocking access to EQ, then there's something there stopping the file from being released.

I know it's a hassle. In our early credit days, DW had a FA placed on her EQ report without her knowledge. It was placed following a dispute. We didn't know about it until we tried to order from here and other services. I remember calling on her behalf and got the run around. I think it was my 3rd call I finally found a CSR within EQ who figured out it was a FA.

Message 6 of 7
datdude101

Ok thanks, I plan to call back tommorow. I think both sides might of had a bit of information off since it was a call on saturday. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.