cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Incorrect UT calculation: myfico.com problem or EQ problem?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Incorrect UT calculation: myfico.com problem or EQ problem?

So, I ran my EQ on myfico and almost puked...it DROPPED 32 points!!  I discovered that it's because an old CO is now showing as active and they're including it in the UT calculation.  It says my UT is 75% when it should be 36%.  I freaked out and popped for the other two reports, and they are showing correctly (with a 14pt increase on EX and 22 pt on TU!  yay!).  Who do I take this up with--myfico.com or EQ?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help! Incorrect UT calculation: myfico.com problem or EQ problem?

twnkltoz wrote:
So, I ran my EQ on myfico and almost puked...it DROPPED 32 points!!  I discovered that it's because an old CO is now showing as active and they're including it in the UT calculation.  It says my UT is 75% when it should be 36%.  I freaked out and popped for the other two reports, and they are showing correctly (with a 14pt increase on EX and 22 pt on TU!  yay!).  Who do I take this up with--myfico.com or EQ?

So the CO must only be reporting on EQ right? Otherwise, your TU and EX would not have increased with a new CO. Also, your beef should be with the CRA, not MyFico. MyFico simply generates a score with the information given. They are not responsible for information on your reports.

Also,  keep in mind, your three scores will rarely ever be the same. Work on getting the collection removed and you will bounce back.
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is reporting to all three, but EX and TU are calculating correctly.
Message 3 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Doesn't sound like they are if you gained points with a new collection. Smiley Happy

What are your TL differences betweens all three reports?
Message 4 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Also, you are pulling your TU and EX scores from MyFico and not the CRAs right?
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct--all three reports were from myfico.  That does make me think that it's an EQ problem, but I thought it might be a FICO calculation problem, like they're looking at the account wrong? 
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, sorry...it's not a new collection.  It's been there for a long time, but I think EQ is looking at it as current while the others are still disregarding it for UT purposes.

EQ: 568 (was 600)
EX: 600 (was 586)
TU: 634 (was 612)

At least my middle score stayed the same!

Message Edited by twnkltoz on 05-01-2007 11:17 AM
Message 7 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

twnkltoz wrote:
Oh, sorry...it's not a new collection.  It's been there for a long time, but I think EQ is looking at it as current while the others are still disregarding it for UT purposes.

EQ: 568 (was 600)
EX: 600 (was 586)
TU: 634 (was 612)

At least my middle score stayed the same!

Message Edited by twnkltoz on 05-01-2007 11:17 AM

AH Ok. You had me scratching my head there. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, with greater clarity...do I still need to talk to EQ?
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I called EQ, and they said it's showing as an open account.  But they're also showing it as a CO!!  Dumb***es.  She started an investigation...I hope it doesn't take forever!!  Smiley Mad The "last reported" date updated, too...
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.