cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get a fico score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take to get a fico score?

Hello everyone, I am new to this board.  I wanted to know how long does it take to get a fico score.  My wife just started establishing her credit.  She has a chase freedom card (3 months old) and a capital one platinum card (1 week old).  I would appreciate the feedback.  Thanks.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: How long does it take to get a fico score?

has she ever had any loans before?  Student, car etc?  Has she ever be an AU on a parents card?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 6
jackg
Established Contributor

The way to get the CC companies to report to the CRA's is to use it, charge something like gas for the car or something small like that.
When they report her activity she will have an account that will begin to age.
If your'e curious about how long this takes, that, is a more complex question. When she uses it she will get a statement a few days after their billing cycle ends, so that is a date you can't predict unless you call and ask them. By the way she will want to know that the CC company reports the balance of her account any where from 3-7 days after the billing (statement) date, every company is a bit different, to the CRA"s.
Now that the CRA's have the information they will report to FICO, when she buys her score, and FICO inputs the data to their formula and she gets her score.
Don't take this as the absolute truth, things change constantly, but it is my experience
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 3 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

For a FICO score to be calculated on your credit report, the report must contain at least one account which has been open for six months or longer. In addition, the report must contain at least one account that has been updated in the past six months. This ensures that there is enough information – and enough recent information – in your report to compute an accurate score.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  On her Chase Freedom Card, she has receive three billing statements.  Also, is the fico score automaticall kicks in after the sixth billing statement?  She signed for scorewatch but there is currently no fico scores.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are 3 pieces of criteria that are needed to generate a FICO score which are:
1.) You have to be alive
2.) You have had to have opened a trade line more than 6 months ago
3Smiley Happy And at least one trade line has to have been reported to the bureaus within the last 6 months

That is what is needed to generate a FICO score, hope that helps you.

Message Edited by Barry on 10-27-2007 03:55 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.