Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn Something new Everyday

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Learn Something new Everyday

I was concerned because Ididn't get a couple of notifications on my Equifax SW product. New accounts inqs, etc... Spoke with one of the CSRs and learned that unless the change impacts the score itself, you will not be notified.  How's that?  All this time I thought new accounts and inquiries would be reported regardless.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Learn Something new Everyday

I just got two today. One for a closed account and the other for an account has reported a balance. No score change. Might be your settings.
Message 2 of 10
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Brammy wrote:
I was concerned because Ididn't get a couple of notifications on my Equifax SW product. New accounts inqs, etc... Spoke with one of the CSRs and learned that unless the change impacts the score itself, you will not be notified.  How's that?  All this time I thought new accounts and inquiries would be reported regardless.

You got some bad info from that CSR, Brammy.  You should always be alerted to new accounts, inquiries, and all of the other credit alerts, regardless of impacts to your score.   If you know the name of that CSR could you PM me with that info so we can set him/her straight?  Also I'll have someone look into why you didn't get those alerts.

Thanks for the feedback!

Barry
Message 3 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Barry wrote:

You should always be alerted to new accounts, inquiries, and all of the other credit alerts, regardless of impacts to your score. 

I did today - got an alert telling me about a  new inq (yes, it was real) and that there was no change in score (I was delighted!  Smiley Happy)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:
I just got two today. One for a closed account and the other for an account has reported a balance. No score change. Might be your settings.

Nope these types of alerts arent dependant on settings...they should come auto matically.

Message 5 of 10
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Brammy,

Do you have SW through Equifax or myFICO?

Barry
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barry wrote:
Brammy,

Do you have SW through Equifax or myFICO?

Barry

Was EQ for the past couple of years now its neither.  The rep, whose name I got this time is still telling me I won't get the alerts if it doesn't affect my score.  I told her I thought it was funny that it says it will right on the product featuresSmiley Mad

Had a one year subscription that just billed told her to cancel and refund.... no sense paying for something that doesn't work.  BTW while I was looking at my product showed my score was 770 in May...lol!!! (I wish) but then it fell to 660 in June.Smiley Very Happy...huh?   If my score graph were an EKG the past several months, the patient would have died...lol!! Something wonky about that product on that site.

Funny, I feel naked now!!!

Message Edited by Brammy on 10-16-2007 05:26 PM
Message 7 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Yeah I know the feeling. My FAKO Transrisk score over at the Juni Sea Miles site has not moved 1 point in nearly 6 months.
Message 8 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

Nope these types of alerts arent dependant on settings...they should come auto matically.

Well the balance reporting alert actually is dependent upon your setting. I set mine to $1. Depending upon where you set it it might not report a balance change.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

Well the balance reporting alert actually is dependent upon your setting. I set mine to $1. Depending upon where you set it it might not report a balance change.

Yes those are but new accounts and inquiries should ALWAYS alert you.  I have had two new accounts and an inquiry that I never received alerts on.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.