cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an unclear Score Watch alert/Change

tag
tulley

Received an unclear Score Watch alert/Change

This morning I received an e-mail that there was a change to my credit score.  So I logged in and take a look and the alert says

This score decrease may be caused by these 3 new reasons:

• You have a serious delinquency (60 days past due or greater) or a derogatory description on your credit report.
  • You have multiple accounts showing missed payments or derogatory descriptions.
  • You have not established a long revolving credit history.

I scroll down to see that new balances were posted on my account, but then I also feverishly looked for an account that I was 60 days late on and found none.  Am I missing something?  Or does  this particular alert cover delinquency OR balance OR revolving credit history?  It really turned into a wild goose chase for something that could be something so small.

Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Received an unclear Score Watch alert/Change

Absent a specific credit alert (e.g. like a new account, new inquiry, etc), SW will only throw out general ideas as to why a score changed and doesn't always mean those reasons apply to you. Anything could have changed which resulted in your score alert like a dropped account, a balance increase under the threshold as set in your settings, an updated baddie, etc. It all depends by how much the score changed.

Message 2 of 3
tulley

Re: Received an unclear Score Watch alert/Change

Thank you Ilecs that makes more sense.  The alert should at least say "one or all of these alerts may apply to you" as opposed to "these 3 new reasons."

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.