Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch is not working.

tag
Regular Contributor

Re: Score Watch is not working.

Dave Signal said:

Score watch does work................................................................

Score watch say the following about text (SMS):

Alerts via email and mobile (SMS) Receive immediate notification from credit report and credit score monitoring

Be alerted via email and text message when Score Watch credit monitoring detects important changes to your credit report, allowing you to take immediate corrective action to minimize negative impacts to your score. Score Watch’s credit monitoring and credit score monitoring will tell you when:

• there is an increase in an account balance
  • changes in account status, such as a missed payment
  • an account shows new activity after being inactive
  • your FICO Score has reached a target score or may qualify for lower interest rates on loans

I have had 1-2 text alerts in the past 5 month,  yes i get the email alerts but if you are going to say that your product sends email and TEXT alerts than send them. PERIOD.  

I dont get text alerts (see above) but the email alerts come thru  regularly.   THE SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK LIKE ADVERTISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the system is supposed to send text then send them..

I dont understand the problem.

If there is a change in your score and MYFICO is suppose to alert you thru email and text,  why dont i get text????????????????????????????

Like I said before the admin (MikeC) was looking into the problem and was going to get address the issue......where is the the fix?

At this point I am ready to contact my attorney general for my state and lodge a complaint.

EQ 7/19/13 796
TU 04/29/13 784
EX 06/17/13 849
28 years credit history
17 years AAoA

CIT $15,900 BEST BUY $11,800 DISCOVER $10,000 LOWES $10,000 SEARS/MC $7,200 BELKS $5,700 JC PENNY $2,400 CHASE $5,900 AMX GOLD PR $NPSL AMX/BCP $11,200 SHELL/CITI/MC $80.00 (LMAO)
Message 51 of 61
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Oh, sorry.  I don't know how long text msg alerts have been around (I think its a new-ish feature), but that would be like an annoying double alert for me.  I do get alerts on my iPhone, but that is because my phone gets email.

I'm sorry you can't get alerts on your phone the way you had anticipated.  I guess I didn't read enough of the thread, but thought that you weren't getting alerts at all.  Hopefully, it gets fixed or myFICO will stop advertising the text msg alerts if they don't work perfectly for everyone.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 52 of 61
Regular Contributor

Dave Signal said:

Re: Score Watch is not working. [ New ]

Oh, sorry.  I don't know how long text msg alerts have been around (I think its a new-ish feature), but that would be like an annoying double alert for me.  I do get alerts on my iPhone, but that is because my phone gets email.

I'm sorry you can't get alerts on your phone the way you had anticipated.  I guess I didn't read enough of the thread, but thought that you weren't getting alerts at all.  Hopefully, it gets fixed or myFICO will stop advertising the text msg alerts if they don't work perfectly for everyone.

And again I post:

Score watch say the following about text (SMS):

Alerts via email and mobile (SMS) Receive immediate notification from credit report and credit score monitoring

Be alerted via email and text message when Score Watch credit monitoring detects important changes to your credit report, allowing you to take immediate corrective action to minimize negative impacts to your score. Score Watch’s credit monitoring and credit score monitoring will tell you when:

• there is an increase in an account balance
  • changes in account status, such as a missed payment
  • an account shows new activity after being inactive
  • your FICO Score has reached a target score or may qualify for lower interest rates on loans

Really............?????????    When i signed up for this I was told I would get text alerts, 3-4 years ago.

I am not stupid,  my phone gets emails and text....my whole complaint is that the system is not working like it says it should. And no one wants to take responsilbilty for the problems.  We hear that a certain team, group, section, whatever will look into it and get back to us...and after 5-6 months since this thread started....nothing.

As far as not "getting alerts a all"  thats not the point,  your system says you WILL get text alerts and i have gotten 1-2 texts in 5 months. 

For approx. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ a year I want what the ad said it was going to deliver!

I dont really understand what the problem is.....fix it or dont offer the service.

EQ 7/19/13 796
TU 04/29/13 784
EX 06/17/13 849
28 years credit history
17 years AAoA

CIT $15,900 BEST BUY $11,800 DISCOVER $10,000 LOWES $10,000 SEARS/MC $7,200 BELKS $5,700 JC PENNY $2,400 CHASE $5,900 AMX GOLD PR $NPSL AMX/BCP $11,200 SHELL/CITI/MC $80.00 (LMAO)
Message 53 of 61
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Mine does not work either.

It said 696. I went to apply for a credfit card. They replied in a letter that my score was only 667. I have no faith in these scores they are giving me.

Message 54 of 61
A_Noob
Contributor

My BofA CC gets reported on the 14th of every month and I know for a fact my car payment was reported a couple of weeks ago and Score watch has sent me 2 emails at the end of the last couple of weeks saying that I have no alerts. I have also done a pay for delete on an old account that should have been removed by now and I haven't heard a peep. I have checked and double checked my settings and I should have definitely recieved an update by now. Why continue to pay for score watch when it isn't working as promised?

My Fico EQ: 749
My Fico TU: 754
My Fico EX: 753

Goal: 800
Message 55 of 61
tiffjtiffj
Contributor

Does SW still have a pulse ??? Or are we just paying monthly to wonder aloud. Dollars to Donuts it'll alert me if Midland shows love or if I purchase a new score. Sorry for the rant, I'll just wait for my "No Alerts or Changes this week" e-mail

Current EQ 634 TU08 670 EX 627
Garden: Take #25 (2017 - ouch)
2017 Goals: Citi Premier
Message 56 of 61
FalGra
Established Member

same problem here, no alerts at all, yet I check my credit report and I see all kinds of changes that each would trigger the 5%/$5 thresholds, and certainly should trip the fico score as well as I have paid off serious amounts off my running balance dropping my % of utilization to nothing from over 60%.

Starting Score: 510
Current Score: 652
Goal Score: 780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 57 of 61
axxy
Regular Contributor

If it gives you a weekly "no alerts" alert, and you have a credit report from several weeks ago showing alertable changes, you should post those details, with dates and everything, and ask for an explanation.  If it doesn't give you any weekly alert at all, it might have the wrong email address for you or something.  If text messages don't work, one workaround while they fix them might be to use the phone's email address instead of asking for text messages.  A lot of complaints posted here don't include enough information, such as dates, exact text of alert, exact text of credit report change, etc., and that makes it hard for people to figure out what the problem is.  I get balance change alerts every month, but my scores don't change very often.  Each alert says what my score is and says it hasn't changed since a certain date.

Message 58 of 61
Peter1142
Established Contributor

So MyFico just emailed me (completely unprovoked out of the blue) that they are giving me a free year of score watch for the issues I had with score watch. I certainly deserve it for paying for a service that wasn't working at all that they made exceptionally hard to cancel, but I am definitely impressed they are offering this, and the service seems to be working fine now. Merry Xmas from MyFico!

Message 59 of 61
dgates01
Valued Member

I signed up for the $24 a month Score Watch and monitoring just a couple of weeks ago. I also signed up with TU and EQ as I am trying to get info corrected on my report, and I've found it's easier to do when you're paying for their service. I'll drop them when the report is corrected.

However, in the time I've had Score Watch, I've actually gotten alerts on both TU and EQ, and Score Watch totally missed them. I'm getting the feeling that their 'watching' isn't much more elaborate than Credit Karma's. In otherwise, weak. I'll be dropping the expensive Score Watch in the next couple of days.

Capital One Classic $750 / Fingerhut $1750 / Walmart $1000 / Discover $4500 / Capital One Quicksilver $3000 / Barclays $1500 / Amazon Visa $1000 / Amazon Store $900

EQ:682 (4/15) EX:706 (4/15)
Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.