Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch failed to trigger

tag
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Scorewatch failed to trigger

Whelp, looks like Scorewatch failed to trigger.  I sub to EQ.com and had a TL update yesterday increasing my utilization to a pretty high amount.

I have alerts set up to trigger on

increase more than 5.00

increase more than 5%

target score reached (with current score = target)

so i'm pretty sure if my CC utilization went from 10% to 90% i would've gotten at least ONE of the three, but alas, ScoreWatch has failed.

Granted....it's going to be a lower score alert, but i just wanted to jump on the bandwagon of another failure with the product.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Scorewatch failed to trigger

is there a limit of how many score watches can trigger in a week or something?

Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

There's no limits. It will alert you to major credit changes like the first two listed, and will alert you to others like stati changes, comment changes, payment history changes (e.g. an added late), inquiries, new TLs, etc. Absent any credit changes, by default, your EQ FICO is monitored for changes every 7-10 days. So, if nothing triggered a credit alert and if your new EQ FICO hit or surpassed your target score, then you'll get alerted to that too when it gets monitored next.

Taking a stab here because mods don't have access to your info....

CCs only update once per month (most always) and they'll update the balance you had on the statement date. If you logged into equifax.com and your CMS showed an increase on your CC by greater than 5% or $5, then that would trigger a credit alert. It'll show as two alerts and would almost seem like it was two accounts updating based on the confusion of how the product is set up. If your score changed due to the util, then a new EQ FICO will be provided regardless of your target score. Not all util changes result in a score change though. YMMV on your credit.

Questions -

1) For sure did you see your CC balance change on your EQ report (not TU or EX) two days ago now?

2) Was the utilization for your CC in your November's statement at 10%, with December's statement at 90%? Keep in mind that hitting 90% in Nov. and paying that down to 10%, then increasing it back to 90% won't result in an alert because the reported util wouldn't have changed.

These two come to mind. If indeed my CC statement increased month-to-month to 90% util, and if I had confirmation that EQ updated, then I'd grow concerned after two days that I didn't get an alert. IME, I've had alerts come as fast as the same day, but usually they were 1 day behind. My other CMSs ran 2-3 days behond in their alerts. If after a couple of days, I would recheck the alert history just to make sure. If I didn't see any alerts, then I'd probably call. That's what I would do anyway.

Message 3 of 7
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

didn't quote, but quick answer

Statement date was the 9th.  EQ fired off their alerts (on the 9th) letting me know my balance increased and my score changed (their FAKO).

November uti was ~10% when statement hit on 9th

Decemeber uti is currently ~90% and, again, statement date was on the 9th.

So if MyFICO monitors EQ and EQ has already notified me, then there appears to be an issue with this product. 

Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd call myFICO after today if I had that. FYI, EQ's CMS does alert faster than SW. I had their credit complete product (or whatever it was called then) and they seem to crank out alerts faster probably because they are the source (vs. myFICO being a 3rd-party). But I definitely feel you should receive an alert by today for the balance increase, at least, with a posted score change if your score moved any.

Message 5 of 7
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I'd call myFICO after today if I had that. FYI, EQ's CMS does alert faster than SW. I had their credit complete product (or whatever it was called then) and they seem to crank out alerts faster probably because they are the source (vs. myFICO being a 3rd-party). But I definitely feel you should receive an alert by today for the balance increase, at least, with a posted score change if your score moved any.

ya i'll reach out to support and advise on what they say.

Message 6 of 7
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

i sent an email inquiry to support and sure enough 5 minutes after i sent it i magically got my alert on 2 of the 3. 

SMH

Oddly enough the utilization change only dropped me 20 points. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.