Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical issues are causing false score reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Technical issues are causing false score reporting

I have been trying to connect with SOME thinkers on the MYFICO team.  However, I have not been able to find such reps.

My equifax score dipped twice this month on the 3/7/21 and 3/20/21. By identical points. Each event triggered me to purchase a Mucino product to see what happened. Each time I pulled my scores went back to the original starting point.

I also crossed checked my credit bureau info using: Credit Carma, equixfax directly, and annual report.  The score dip was falsely reported like today 3/20/21.

This can be interpreted 2 ways.  There's a system issue, my profile is crossed with someone else's, or you're triggering these alerts and bating customers to purchase the products.

I will know the truth when I am refunded both 1b reports purchased 3/8/21 and today 3/20/21.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Technical issues are causing false score reporting

I don't have this issue and I doubt they are somehow singling you out in an effort to make a few bucks...

Sounds like some normal scoring fluctuations. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scoring fluctuations wouldn't be corrected by purchasing a new report. Also the simulation model didn't recognize the dipped score. It's a definite glitch.  I will do a consumer protection report to present screenshots so they fix the problem. 

The social media team confirmed an outage in my area. Please only respond with technical expertise because that's how issues get lost in translation.  

Message 3 of 7
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Scoring fluctuations wouldn't be corrected by purchasing a new report. Also the simulation model didn't recognize the dipped score. It's a definite glitch.  I will do a consumer protection report to present screenshots so they fix the problem. 

The social media team confirmed an outage in my area. Please only respond with technical expertise because that's how issues get lost in translation.  

Without a better description of the problem no one on this forum will be able to help. 

I have read your post and have no idea what you are referring to. You mentioned checking credit karma, EQ and ACR as a validation that the score changes was a "technical issue" but since none of those sources provide FICO score models.....

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was a new score for equifax falsely reported on 3/7. Score went from 676-559.  I use other credit services TO CHECK CREDIT REPORT CHANGES. I rely on myfico for my true scores. I saw NO changes in my credit bureau reporting. I purchased a 1b report as i am already a 3b score subscriber.

My score went back to 676 after the purchase.

Today, same thing. 676 down to 559.

Bought the report, it was delivered 30 minutes later and my score is back ro 676.  Coincidence,  no it's not.

Is this clear?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There was a new score for equifax falsely reported on 3/7. Score went from 676-559.  I use other credit services TO CHECK CREDIT REPORT CHANGES. I rely on myfico for my true scores. I saw NO changes in my credit bureau reporting. I purchased a 1b report as i am already a 3b score subscriber.

My score went back to 676 after the purchase.

Today, same thing. 676 down to 559.

Bought the report, it was delivered 30 minutes later and my score is back ro 676.  Coincidence,  no it's not.

Is this clear?

No

Message 6 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is now locked.  if you have any questions and think something is broken please bring them to customer services attention if you do indeed think there is an issue.  This problem if it exists doesn't entitle you to violate the forum policies and talk down to people and other scenarios as the forum is a privilege and not a right.  Please familiarize yourself with the TOS's if you wish to continue to post on this forum.  Also @Cindy_FICO can also be reached out to as well as she is the ADMIN of this forum and works directly for FICO and also might be able to help you with your issue if indeed it is one.  You can either PM her or since I tagged her she will see this thread soon.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/m-p/2797115

-CC

myFICO Moderator

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.