Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMWFS- lease to buy

tag
happy101
New Contributor

BMWFS- lease to buy

My lease is up next year and I have grown attached to the car and would like to purchase the BMW 328i 2011. When I obtain the lease I was rebuilding my credit, but since and since then have excellent payment on several major credit cards, impeccable payment history with BMWFS. My question is are they normally easy to work with from transitioning over from lease to buy and would I qualify for promotional offers/financing?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: BMWFS- lease to buy

Likely no promotional offers at all - although buying the car you leased is exactly what BMW would love for you to do. Best option is contact your local bank/cu to see used car purchase rates. Most CUs around 2-3% for best borrowers.  Easy process.. bank funds the loan for you to purchase car at lease termination.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@happy101 wrote:
My lease is up next year and I have grown attached to the car and would like to purchase the BMW 328i 2011. When I obtain the lease I was rebuilding my credit, but since and since then have excellent payment on several major credit cards, impeccable payment history with BMWFS. My question is are they normally easy to work with from transitioning over from lease to buy and would I qualify for promotional offers/financing?

Go through your lease paperwork and it should state the sale price should you want to buy the car at the end of lease. Lease to sale transition is very smooth.

Regarding financing I would suggest talking to your sales guy or your bank and they would be the best person to answer this question.

Message 3 of 6
happy101
New Contributor

I am a member of a credit union, but they are not my primary financial institution... I hear they do give the best rates...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@happy101 wrote:
I am a member of a credit union, but they are not my primary financial institution... I hear they do give the best rates...

Thats even better, take copy of your CR and talk to them and they should be able to give you an idea of where you stand.

As I said before go through you lease paperwork and it should have stated details of buying the leased car at the end of lease. what does your lease paper show?

Message 5 of 6
happy101
New Contributor

I haven't even looked at the PW just yet.... I just sorta in the planning stages... I will definitely take a look though!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.