tag
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Re: To consider before applying to DCU+Collecting info

The wait time on the phone is terrible.

Message 61 of 75
gkwon002

I was instantly approved around 4PM PST on Saturday. At least I think it counts as instant approval, I received the approval email about 10 minutes after i submitted my app from a representative). I submitted my membership application and copy of license on Sunday, still waiting for them to get back to me.

CK TransUnion: 764
CK Vantage: 858
CS FAKO: 777

Barclay's FICO: 819

Approval Amount:$22000 (got what I asked for)

Rate: 1.24% (with DD and autopay)

Instant online approval or did you need to call/wait a few days? Instant

Monthly Income:$3800 (gross)

Rent/mortgage: $600 (my half of mortgage)

Aggregate minimum payments of all other debts (do not include rent/mortgage or car to be traded in): $238 student loan and $1200 (annual) real estate taxes

Message 62 of 75
UprightStone
Established Member

I see on the online status that mine was approved at DCU, just waiting for a phone call to get the details.

Message 63 of 75
UprightStone
Established Member

FICO score: EQ 725

Approval Amount: 36,000

Instant online approval or did you need to call/wait a few days? I had to call next day

Monthly Income: waived due to credit score

Rent/mortgage: $900/mo

Aggregate minimum payments of all other debts (do not include rent/mortgage or car to be traded in): 0

Rate: 1.24

Message 64 of 75
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the updates guys! Great to see my theory appears to be wrong and that they're writing decent sized loans!

Message 65 of 75
had2978

I walked in a DCU branch today, thinking I would instantly get denied, I had a DTI 71% since I cosigned a loan in jan. and still had another car loan reporting. My credit balances were about 50% uti for 3 cards ($4000 limits), and the rest were under 20%...anyhow I showed the branch manager I paid off the car loan last week and she asked what I wanted to apply for first. I said the used car loan, then membership. It was only 1 hard pull from equifax. My equifax score was 686.  I was instantly approved...I almost fell off my chair. still in shock

Approval Amount:   $25,000 (got what I asked for)

Rate: 1.74% (did not DD)

Instant online approval or did you need to call/wait a few days? Instant

Monthly Income: $3800 (gross)

Rent/mortgage: $300

Message 66 of 75
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

applied for membership 3 days ago..sent in paperwork approved for refi @1.24 with dd

Message 67 of 75
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Important Info About DCU...Also collecting info

@jbradey wrote:

Oh and they will also only put up to 80% of what the car is worth. They use NADA or retail value whichever is lower

I find this ridiculous.  When I refied with NFCU I was told they would finance up to 125% on a used car!

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 68 of 75
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: Important Info About DCU...Also collecting info

I have not heard the 80% thing jbradley speaks of being corroborated. I know several members who have financed 100% NADA Retail with DCU without issue as long as the loan amount they were approved for was enough.

Message 69 of 75
credo

Just joined and applied for CC with DCU on 4/14/2014 and they approved me for DCU Platinum Visa with 2k CL @ 11% with possible upgrade into rewards cc in 6 months with higher CL and lower interest hopefully 8.5% (their lowest). On 4/21/2014 they approved a 10.6k loan @ 3.74% (then got an email stating every 3 months they will reduce my interest rate I believe by 1.5 % with good payment history) on my vehicle that I owned outright using same credit report and deposited the $$ in my new free checking with them. I confirmed that they wouldn't be doing a second HP. Their customer service has been stellar so far. Everything done online even uploading any docs required. I have been learning alot from this forum and it has helped me get a handle on my credit. Smiley Happy  I am on my way to better credit health from the low 500s...

FICO score: Equifax 661 DCU: At the time myfico had it at 631 Smiley Happy

Approval Amount: 2k for cc and 10.6k for auto (owned outright) using nada

Instant online approval or did you need to call/wait a few days? cc was applied online before membership. but approved immediately after membership was processed

Monthly Income: 8.5k

Rent/mortgage: 1.9k

Aggregate minimum payments of all other debts (do not include rent/mortgage or car to be traded in): 350

I know this was not an auto purchase but I wanted to share anyways, hopefully can help someone out there. Just like this forum has and continues to help me build my credit and get ahead of my finances. Learn't about DCU from here Smiley Happy

Starting FICO Score: TU 640, EQ 616, EX 593 09/14
Current FICO Score: TU 700, EQ 652, EX 658 06/15
Goal FICO Score: 750 All across

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 70 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.