cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold/Platinum for brand new companies?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Gold/Platinum for brand new companies?

In my personal Amex dash, I often see "pre-approved to apply" offers for the Business Gold Rewards.

I've just incorporated a new C-Corp -- literally just received my EIN as of a few days ago.

I assume there's a PG on these cards. If so, does that mean business applications are generally accepted based on personal credit... or should I need to establish a business file first before even attempting?

I'd ultimately like to go for Platinum for the benefits, but it's Gold that I keep getting the offers for.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Gold/Platinum for brand new companies?

Yes its a PG to get approved, and yes generally based on personal credit. You do not need to establish more business credit before applying, and you'll likely be approved on a SP. (but dont count on it) 

I have both the business Plat and Gold Rewards. Love them both. Even though the offer is for the Gold, you should be fine cold apping for the Platinum, but YMMV. 

I had the Platinum for about 2 years, and cold app'd for the Gold and the Blue Plus on the same day, approved for both, SP. 

Scores were in the low 800's and my util was less than 2% across all accounts. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Gold/Platinum for brand new companies?

Thanks @jodysmithavl

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.