cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex card member Soft Pulls on new a Credit Apps?

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex card member Soft Pulls on new a Credit Apps?

@oldman425 wrote:

I still have a Chap 13 showing so I was told that as long as it is there AmEx will never give me a CLI or any other card.  My CL is also $1K and I was putting 20% - 30% on it each month and paying it in full.  Now I'm not using it as I have paid off all my cards except for one and I'm working on getting it down below 10%.

@Anonymous, you did get approved for the card so, there's hope in getting the limit up.  I don't think they gave you the right info on the BK13 though.  If they were going to be @$$e$ about it then they wouldn't even issue a card.  Just give it some time and maybe every 6 months try them out for an increase.  Keep hammering away at Discover though every other month to make it grow.  Cap1 is every 6 months of payments as well.  I woud also say don't app for anything new in the next year to boost your profile and scores across the board to get better results while giving your current accounts some attention.

Message 11 of 12
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex card member Soft Pulls on new a Credit Apps?

That was the question I had for them, I wasn't understanding why they were willing it issue the card but not willing me to get cli's on it.  No worries, I have the card that I honestly thought I would never have.  I'll hit the happy button after the 13 drops off all three reports.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.