That scored my mom a 10K Venture

Message 11 of 18
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: Venture Chances?

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

So I've been stalking threads in regards to AMEX & Ventures. With that said, my utilization is around 45% and steadily dropping by the pay period, my stats are below. I currently have a QS1$2.5k & Cap1 Secured $300 from Capital 1 plus other cards from BOA, Barclays, Macys & Comenity. Once I get my utilization down do you think I have a shot on a Venture?

I'd get utilization down and apply whether pre-approved or not.  Some people are not pre-approved and get approved .

Thanks...I'm working on my utilization...just slower than I planned.

15% would be nicer, even if it takes a while waiting and paying down those cards is probably the best thing you can do.

P.S. Make sure to hit the Kudos button (Stripe with the star) for all those helpful people who responded to your thread, they'll appreciate that you appreciate them! Smiley Happy

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 12 of 18
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Thanks All!

Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just today I was approved for Venture with 10k CL.  I tried their pre-approval, and approved for Venture, QS1, QS, etc.

I went down from 95% util to 0% util within 3 weeks.

My fako score at that time was 757. AAoA 2 years 2 months.

Try their pre-approval first.If you are being approved, go ahead, otherwise, dont risk it.

CapOne does HP across 3 bureaus.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait until utilization is under 10% bc your credit file is so thin and the avg age of credit is so recent. Be patient. It will pay off big time.

Message 15 of 18
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

@Jarnog wrote:

Check that pre-qual.

DW didn't get anything until her utilization reported 5% down from around 20% or so.

If their pre-qual offers something along the lines of "Congratulations etc", you should be the proverbial golden Smiley Very Happy

Good luck!

Thanks I just checked the pre-qual nothing...Smiley Sad

So did I (no pre-qual)and I app'ed yesterday and BAM approved for $$5K with the scores in my sig. Yes, they pulled all 3 CB's.

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to apply for the venture too because of the great starting limits... But I want to let my first cap one card to hit 1yr and let my app spree inqs age to at least six months. So I know I have to wait. But it'll be worth it when it says "congratulations, your new card limit is $10,000!!!" I can see it now lol
Message 17 of 18
Repairman
Established Contributor

Did you apply and get approved for the Venture or the Venture One?

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.