Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Upgrade

tag
josie
Regular Contributor

Walmart Upgrade

Just received a envelope from Walmart stating in 64 days I will received my discover Walmart card. I've had there card one year. When I first got there card was used very often. In the past seven months only used it once, since most of there stuff the wont't ship to the Virgin Islands.

Will this help me get a discover card?

My next two cards I want is the discover it and delta sky miles Amex . Planning on app in the next 6 to 9 months all baddies will be over 4 years.
Started over because life happens.
I did it again even better this time. My highest score last time was 680

Starting Score: 513 Ex 520 Eq 534 Tu
Current Score: 689 Ex 684 Eq 698 Tu
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JonStur
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Upgrade

If Discover pulls Eq in your area, you will probably need about another 25 pts on your score( assuming you don't have any recent baddies)...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on your upgrade. Unfortunately, having the Wal/Disc cc will not help in your approval for the reg Discover.
Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
josie
Regular Contributor

My utility is at 30% ( one card at 65% at 0% interest ) hopefully when I get it under 9% I can get that 25 points fingers cross. If not ill just wait until this card is a year old.
Started over because life happens.
I did it again even better this time. My highest score last time was 680

Starting Score: 513 Ex 520 Eq 534 Tu
Current Score: 689 Ex 684 Eq 698 Tu
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@josie wrote:
Just received a envelope from Walmart stating in 64 days I will received my discover Walmart card. I've had there card one year. When I first got there card was used very often. In the past seven months only used it once, since most of there stuff the wont't ship to the Virgin Islands.

Will this help me get a discover card?

My next two cards I want is the discover it and delta sky miles Amex . Planning on app in the next 6 to 9 months all baddies will be over 4 years.

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

The Walmart Discover is a GE branded card and oes not have any affiliation with DIscover other than it uses uts network to process transactions. IMO it would help very little.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.