Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 Blacklist Thread

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

2010 Blacklist Thread

Although we have an old thread about which lenders blacklist, a member pointed out that it hadn't been updated in two years.

A lot has changed since this thread was started, and CCC's are much less forgiving.

If anyone has any specific info about CCC's which blacklist those who

• have charged off a card with them
  • have included them in BK
  • or have otherwise been on their bad side for such things as frequent late payments, high util, and so forth,
please consider posting it here.

--thanks

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
newstart2010
Blogger

Re: 2010 Blacklist Thread

US Bank will not give cards to those with previous BK, whether they were included in the BK or not.  This goes for the secured card as well.

Bank of America recently told us they will not approve anyone with public records, satisfied or not.  They said this is new, and they also are not currently open to overrides.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 2 of 49
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Amex of course. They have the memory of an elephant. COs, Settlements, etc. They will not forget if you did not pay them in full.
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

PNC Bank - 02/10 Declined due to BK7 in 2004...they were not included

BOA - 01/10 tt csr in virtual chat who told me they do not auto decline for bk, unless they were included then 7yrs decline 

Barclays- 02/10 approved for US Airways Mastercard.. BK7 in 2004 but they were not included

Chase- 02/10 auto decline if a BK is present on report whether you filed on them or not 

Message 4 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target and Macy's. They were both included in my BK in 2008.
Message 5 of 49
tray
Valued Contributor

Capital One blacklists too.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 49
laz98
Senior Contributor

perhaps we should include for how long these companies blacklist.  i noticed a couple of posts mentioning derogatories from 2008; i think i would have to side with the companies that those are pretty recent mistakes that probably should not be overlooked.  IMO.
Message 7 of 49
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Good point.

I'd like to encourage posters to specify such things as
-- blacklists for what? BK? CO?
-- how long ago were the problems, and how were they resolved (if they were)?
-- did this actually happen to you, or is this info that you read elsewhere and that you're sharing? (which is fine, but an important distinction)
-- did the lender tell you in so many words that you were denied due to the past problems, or is that your conclusion?

thanks
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 49
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

USBANK Use to be bk friendly you just have to have scores above 680, has this changed?
Message 9 of 49
GordonShumway
Regular Contributor

BoA will not even giveyou a secured CC (one of the few that still offers one) if you have recent derogs.

Chase is not forgiving for settlements on CC for Auto loans. In an oral conversation the rep said that Chase looks at the overall pictureof your dealings with them.

Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.