Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG

tag
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

AMEX PRG

I recently applied and was approved for the zync card. I decided that it honestly didn't fit my lifestyle and that the Amex PRG fit it better. I applied for the PRG card and was approved. Now that I have the PRG card, what do I do with the zync card? Do I cancel it, sock-drawer it, or do I use both? I wish I had done more research before applying for the zync card, as I most likely will not get the new member introduction points. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX PRG

well it has an annual fee so i would cancel it. Although i here they discontinued it so it maybe a collectors item soon lol

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 2 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@SarcasticComputer wrote:

I recently applied and was approved for the zync card. I decided that it honestly didn't fit my lifestyle and that the Amex PRG fit it better. I applied for the PRG card and was approved. Now that I have the PRG card, what do I do with the zync card? Do I cancel it, sock-drawer it, or do I use both? I wish I had done more research before applying for the zync card, as I most likely will not get the new member introduction points. Smiley Sad

I would leave zync open for at least the first year since AF is waived. Then you might actually benefit when you find out what they do with the zync since it is no longer available. 

Plus, don't you want to be one of the holders of the currently most exclusive amex card Smiley Tongue 

Message 3 of 17
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

This is true. I should frame it and then try to sell it 10 years from now on Pawn Stars. Is there any benefit to using both cards together? I also have a Delta Skymiles card. 

Message 4 of 17
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

I wouldnt use the Zync because the PRG has a much better rewards program.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 5 of 17
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

Can the points I've earned (via the zync card) be transferred to regular MR points rather than MR express points?

Message 6 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

This is true. I should frame it and then try to sell it 10 years from now on Pawn Stars. Is there any benefit to using both cards together? I also have a Delta Skymiles card. 

If you happened to purchase any packs when you applied there might be. (You can no longer add packs.) When you have a Zync which earns MRe points, and a other tier charge card (green, gold, PRG, Plat) you can (AFAIK) transfer the MRe points to the other card and turn them into regular MR points. So if you have dining pack or something where you earn 2x points on dining, you could then (once again, AFAIK) transfer MRe from zync to PRG and get more bang for your buck (or point in this case). 

IDK if that still works with zync being discontinued or what. 

Message 7 of 17
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

@jsucool76 wrote:

If you happened to purchase any packs when you applied there might be. (You can no longer add packs.) When you have a Zync which earns MRe points, and a other tier charge card (green, gold, PRG, Plat) you can (AFAIK) transfer the MRe points to the other card and turn them into regular MR points. So if you have dining pack or something where you earn 2x points on dining, you could then (once again, AFAIK) transfer MRe from zync to PRG and get more bang for your buck (or point in this case). 

I do have the resturant pack on the zync, so I will be able to transfer the point when I use the zync? My main desire to have the MR points is so that I can convert them to miles. 

Message 8 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

I do have the resturant pack on the zync, so I will be able to transfer the point when I use the zync? My main desire to have the MR points is so that I can convert them to miles. 

I'm fairly certain you can transfer any MRe points to regular MR points so long as you have an MR point card (which you do (the PRG))

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes all my Zync MRE's (all 80,000 of them) converted to MR points when I got my PRG. All the spending I do on the Zync now converts to MR's (I still use the Zync for the 2x points Lowes pack!!!!)

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.