Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG

tag
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

Re: AMEX PRG

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes all my Zync MRE's (all 80,000 of them) converted to MR points when I got my PRG. All the spending I do on the Zync now converts to MR's (I still use the Zync for the 2x points Lowes pack!!!!)

What made you decide to get the PRG in addition to the zync?

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

3x on groceries, 2x on gas... I spend at least $600/mo in groceries and at least $500/mo in gas so I wanted more points.

...then I got the BCE to start building my actual CL's to improve my credit score because I was strictly a charge card user for 2 years. So I am really only using the BCE for a couple months to hopefully get the 3x CLI.  

I had the Zync first because the low AF was attractive and my spending was not nearly as high 2 years ago. When I started to realize my spending could justify the AF for the PRG I got the PRG. I kept the Zync because it was the only account on my wifes credit report (she was an AU on it) and I wanted to start building her credit up for her so I wanted to keep the acct active while I do it (which is why I added the Lowes pack because it helps offset the AF since we do a lot of things on our home as well as my parents are renovating their home so I charge a lot of what they buy on it and they give me the money and I get the 2x points!!!!.) 

Message 12 of 17
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

3x on groceries, 2x on gas... I spend at least $600/mo in groceries and at least $500/mo in gas so I wanted more points.

...then I got the BCE to start building my actual CL's to improve my credit score because I was strictly a charge card user for 2 years. So I am really only using the BCE for a couple months to hopefully get the 3x CLI.  

I had the Zync first because the low AF was attractive and my spending was not nearly as high 2 years ago. When I started to realize my spending could justify the AF for the PRG I got the PRG. I kept the Zync because it was the only account on my wifes credit report (she was an AU on it) and I wanted to start building her credit up for her so I wanted to keep the acct active while I do it (which is why I added the Lowes pack because it helps offset the AF since we do a lot of things on our home as well as my parents are renovating their home so I charge a lot of what they buy on it and they give me the money and I get the 2x points!!!!.) 

Makes a lot of sense. Do you typically run a lot through the card each month? Did Amex give you any problems with adding your wife as an AU? I plan to do the same and have read some other users complaining about Amex not liking AU using their card a lot. On a side note...I feel bad for you spending $500 a month on gas! I spend a lot, but nowhere near that much. 

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife has an AU on all of my Amex accounts. Its easy - just do it online in your account. Cards came within a week.

I typically run anywhere from 2.5-3k per month through the cards. I have ran upwards of 8k one month and a charge of 5k in one shot. 

As for the gas, I typically put about 20k miles per year on my car (work, everyday life, traveling) - which is why leases don't work for me lol...

Message 14 of 17
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

Can someone tell me if I will actually get the welcome offers - bonus points and no AF since I already had a zync card?
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

No AF yes you can get that by getting another account. As for bonus MR points - not unless they offer them to you to upgrade. But, app'ing for a new card with bonus points for spending you cannot get the bonus (currently as their terms stand)

Message 16 of 17
SarcasticComputer
Valued Member

I just want to clarify- there will be no AF for the first year , but I will not get the bonus points?
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.