Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APP SPREE YIPEE!!

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: APP SPREE YIPEE!!

This is one of the bigger sprees I have seen on the forums lately. That should tell you something - you now have WAY more INQs than a normal person. Assuming the average forum member has more INQs than the average American, and that you have more INQs than the average forum member, your level of INQs is probably way above the risk tolerance for most banks. 6 months in the garden is the MINIMUM amount for you, and I would recommend at least a year so that the impact from these INQs is eliminated from your score.

Congrats on the cards you got, though!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 11 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@SnackTrader wrote:
This is one of the bigger sprees I have seen on the forums lately. That should tell you something - you now have WAY more INQs than a normal person. Assuming the average forum member has more INQs than the average American, and that you have more INQs than the average forum member, your level of INQs is probably way above the risk tolerance for most banks. 6 months in the garden is the MINIMUM amount for you, and I would recommend at least a year so that the impact from these INQs is eliminated from your score.

Congrats on the cards you got, though!

Depends on what CRA's the inquiries landed on.  It's a certainty there's some scattering as there are explicit EQ and TU pullers there, and if any landed on EX at all, it's likely a wash.

If there is any issue, it will likely be on the sheer number of tradelines popping up at once rather than inquiries, but the current approved account list isn't likely to take exception.

I agree though with the gardening suggestion: pretty much all of the "higher quality" lenders denied the application, and this particular result isn't going to make them view the OP more favorably in the near future.  Looking at my own sprees (well mini-sprees by my definition), I agree a year may be more appropriate with the possible exception of an Amex application again in December for future backdating goodness.

Likewise, congrats OP!  Especially on the DCU auto refinance, slashed my own auto APR by a little better than 2/3 with DCU, highly recommend them for mixed-file refinances (some positive, some negative information on one's CR).

        
Message 12 of 14
princesstooth
New Contributor

No I definately dont plan on apping for at least a year. I'm happy with what I got and am going to sit on everything for awhile. I got 5 inq's each on EQ and TU. EX was 6 all from this app spree.

Message 13 of 14
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats on ur spree! I'm just buying some time before I do the same. Heh

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.