Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Reallocation Data Points

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: American Express Reallocation Data Points

@UncleB wrote:

Perhaps I've been mistaken as well... I was always under the impression that the donor card had to be at least 13 months old before they would allow you to transfer any of its credit line to another card (or else I would have opened a couple of new cards back in the summer for this very purpose; thankfully I no longer have the need).

There's also the possibilty that they have changed the 'rules' as well; like I've mentioned before, when they change policy on this sort of thing they tend to not notify us first (although that would be nice... LOL); it takes somebody trying to see what will work.  It's why even if the concensus is that something won't work sometimes I try anyway, as long as there's no harm in doing so.

In any case, congrats to the OP for getting it to work regardless!  Smiley Very Happy

In mid-2014 I tried to reallocate my Delta Platinum of less than a year to my Delta Gold of more than a year, and was denied because the donor card was less than a year.

If changed, would be an interesting item to clarify, particularly whether any of the two cards needs to be more than some age or can be new. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@NRB525 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Perhaps I've been mistaken as well... I was always under the impression that the donor card had to be at least 13 months old before they would allow you to transfer any of its credit line to another card (or else I would have opened a couple of new cards back in the summer for this very purpose; thankfully I no longer have the need).

There's also the possibilty that they have changed the 'rules' as well; like I've mentioned before, when they change policy on this sort of thing they tend to not notify us first (although that would be nice... LOL); it takes somebody trying to see what will work.  It's why even if the concensus is that something won't work sometimes I try anyway, as long as there's no harm in doing so.

In any case, congrats to the OP for getting it to work regardless!  Smiley Very Happy

In mid-2014 I tried to reallocate my Delta Platinum of less than a year to my Delta Gold of more than a year, and was denied because the donor card was less than a year.

If changed, would be an interesting item to clarify, particularly whether any of the two cards needs to be more than some age or can be new. 

I'm interested in knowing if there's been a 'global' change as well.

Maybe @Anonymous will come across this thread and be able to clarify for us.  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 14
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Nice to know I'm not totally losing it Smiley Very Happy . I actually revisited a thread I made back in the summer to be sure and everyone who chimed in told me I would have to pay the "year 2" AF on the new Delta once I acquired it because I would have to wait until month 13/14 to reallocate the CL. Thankfully this wasn't the case. Will probably ditch the card by the 6 month mark unless someone thinks that may rub Amex wrong. The Delta pickup was strictly for the bonus. 

Looking forward to seeing what info our Amex Insider Pooka has for us.

☮ & ❤
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think UncleB may be correct when he said their policy may have changed recently. After reading this thread, I attempted to transfer some of my limit from my 11 month old BCE to my 5 months old BCP and received an approval.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.