Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PRG!

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Amex PRG!

Hello everyone!

I'm sure there may be another thread regarding this but... Well.

I want the PRG. Here is my question.

1) How was your AAoA and how old was your oldest TL when you were approved for the PRG?
2) How many times did you apply before being approved?
3) What was your FICO at the time?
4) Any Baddies?
5) Did you have any prior relationship with amex before the PRG?
6) Overall how did you credit file look and what CL did you have when you applied?

The answers you provide are only taken as opinions and by no means will your success results reflect mine. I am aware Amex has their own scoring system and of course even if someone has similar credit profile as I do, I can still be denied.

Thank you all for your opinions!

And if this thread, by any means is obstructing, please just notify me politely. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Amex PRG!

Hey!

I was just approved for the PRG a few days ago, so hopefully my details will help a bit. 

1. AAoA of 2 years, oldest account is 3 years 1 month

2. Once for the PRG, few times with amex over the years

3. 723 according to amex. 

4. 1 baddy that I just recently found out about (and disputed cause it's BS but lost) Medical collection

5. No prior relationship (i had a serve card but I dont think that counts really lol )

6. my highest CL when I applied was 3500, I had 9 open accounts, and then some student loans. util was about 35%

Hope this helps. 

Message 2 of 6
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

There are many threads with info on approvals of AMEX cards. I urge you to search under the approvals thread. At some point at least one person asks for the same info you did. Keep in mind that the qualifications for all charge cards are the same. I'll give you an idea of what I was approved at.

AAoA 2 Years

Applied about 3 times within a year period

Fico was 665 EX

30,60,90,120 late on a student loan from 2010 (currently in dispute)

No prior relationship with AMEX

$90k Income, also have checking/savings/retirement/investments

Utilization was maybe 9% when I applied

Message 3 of 6
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Thank you both for your much valued opinions!
Message 4 of 6
MT936
Established Contributor

The charge cards are very easy to get approved for of your score is over 650 you have a good shot and they all have the same approval requirements so you can get any of 3 (green, gold, platinum) you choose
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 5 of 6
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@MT936 wrote:
The charge cards are very easy to get approved for of your score is over 650 you have a good shot and they all have the same approval requirements so you can get any of 3 (green, gold, platinum) you choose

That's what I've been told as well. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.