cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any recent Cap1 account combinations?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any recent Cap1 account combinations?

Hubby combined two of his today.  No problems.  Both had a recent $0 balance.  I want to say I remember reading somewhere that it's helpful to have a small balance on the one you are keeping?  Maybe not - but might be worth a shot?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a small less than $50 balance each time I combined, for whatever that's worth.  Donar card was always at $0 and both cards were over 6 months in age.

Message 12 of 16
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I get the standard message when I try - 

Sorry, we’ve looked over your accounts and you are not eligible for an account combination at this time.

Two accounts are 13 months old and the other two are a few years. One started life as an Orchard Bank card. I've talked to people through chat and over the phone. I even got esculated to a supervisor one day. Then tell me the program is new and is being rolled out to members over time (it's been well over a year). 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I remember reading other people having similar issues with those older cards as well. I wonder if there is any way around it.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just combined on Jan 28th, 2017 without any issue. This is my second combine. My other one was May 15th, 2016. 

I closed the "Orchard Bank" capital one card May 30th, 2015 before we all knew that Cap One was even going to start allowing this. I wish it was still opened to maybe give you some extra data points!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 4 small ones and they are now combined to one as of February!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.