Did you mean: 

Backdating with AMEX

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Backdating with AMEX

@CS800 wrote:

Marine:

By every account you mean: Mortgage, Credit Cards, Store Cards, Car Loans, Student Loans?

And the accounts need to be reporting on the credit reports. So one should add all the 'opened dates' of the accounts to calculate the AAoA per credit bureau since there are creditors that don't report to all the CB's?

Yes ALL accounts that are reporting no matter what type (except collections and PR's) are counted. And as I said in message #14 of this thread "You’ll need to figure the age of each account, open or closed, on each report. If all three reports are identical (very unlikely), you're in luck; otherwise, you'll need to run this for each report".

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 31 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Marine:

By every account you mean: Mortgage, Credit Cards, Store Cards, Car Loans, Student Loans?

And the accounts need to be reporting on the credit reports. So one should add all the 'opened dates' of the accounts to calculate the AAoA per credit bureau since there are creditors that don't report to all the CB's?

Yes ALL accounts that are reporting no matter what type (except collections and PR's) are counted. And as I said in message #14 of this thread "You’ll need to figure the age of each account, open or closed, on each report. If all three reports are identical (very unlikely), you're in luck; otherwise, you'll need to run this for each report".

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

When I get a chance, I'll create a spreadsheet with all teh accounts from each bureau and get teh AAoA. I'm sure even if EQ says 5 years for me that i'm about 7 years now if i count the 2 other car loans that are PIF but opened in 2002 and 2005.

But i have a question concerning mortgage.

In the last 3 years, my mortgage company have changes 4 times since the mortgage keeps getting sold to other companies. How do I factor that?

Message 32 of 33
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

When I get a chance, I'll create a spreadsheet with all teh accounts from each bureau and get teh AAoA. I'm sure even if EQ says 5 years for me that i'm about 7 years now if i count the 2 other car loans that are PIF but opened in 2002 and 2005.

But i have a question concerning mortgage.

In the last 3 years, my mortgage company have changes 4 times since the mortgage keeps getting sold to other companies. How do I factor that?

Figure it from the original date the account first reported.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.