Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America is a strange bank.

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America is a strange bank.

@anybodii wrote:

Yes it was inactivate and about 2-3 a month I check all my accounts ( at least try ) just in case something went wrong somehow ( I'll explain below ) Upon checking I saw it was lowered, and apparently it happened recently becasue when I contacted them they said a letter is in the mail.

I have opened 2 new credit cards and 1 new line of credit ( reserve line through USBank )

No cars loans or anything like that

Over a month ago I did pull all 3 reports ( the annual free one ) so it was directly through them

To explain the "something went wrong" I had once with BOA after I paid a balance ~$100 with a different checking account, I noticed the funds never came out after about a month, I checked and BOA says I'm late on the payment ( It wasn't 30 days from DUE DATE so nothing was reported ) I contacted them furious, they said it came back invalid account number, I told them the number again and it matched what they entered they tried it again and the payment went through. No idea how it messed up, but they wavied the late fee and never reported anything

I also had my freedom sit dormant for about 4 months and discovered like a $2 interest charged... after 4 months... Luckily statement didn't cut yet, I called chase, somehow it was a mistake and it was refunded. Ever since then I'm scared of bank errors and of course fraud..

FYI, It makes sense to CLD, I just thought it was weird that they increased it not that long ago and are already CLD...

I watch USBank like a hawk because they more often than not will miss processing a payment. I purposely set up my payments well before due date because I have regular situations where their system does not initate a payment request. So I end up on the due date making a quick minimum payment out of my USBank checking account just to be sure. With 4 CC at US Bank now, it's a regular circus keeping up with the payment dates.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 12
anybodii
New Contributor

Re: Bank of America is a strange bank.

I too bank with USBank and have several cards with them, although I really only use 1-2, I haven't ever had a problem when I transfer from my USBank account into the credit card, but I am with you about paying at least the minimum as soon as statement cuts just to make sure it goes through.

And yeah payment dates, I can't remember every card's, maybe that's why a lot are giving you the option to set which date you want anymore, I still feel like they change each month lol

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.