Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Frontier Card -- Welcome to the sock drawer

tag
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Barclay Frontier Card -- Welcome to the sock drawer

No reflection on you, you've been a great card.  Its not you, its me... and my distaste for the NEW Frontier and their low cost carrier mind set. Yes, I know they were my favorite carrier, and we had some good times together, but its time for me to move on ... so that means you need to take a vacation.

So, here is your new home in the sock drawer.  Meet Capital one QuickSilver, Chase Slate, Kohls and all their other friends.  Have fun!!

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: Barclay Frontier Card -- Welcome to the sock drawer

Are you going to cancel before the AF posts again? I've never flown Frontier, but I've heard horror stories.

Message 2 of 6
codimom
Frequent Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Are you going to cancel before the AF posts again? I've never flown Frontier, but I've heard horror stories.

My Barclay card doesn't have an AF, so it can sit until i think i need it again.  I can't bring myself to get a Southwest miles card, since it does have a 69or 99.00 fee... 

Frontier was always my favorite carrier, but then they went to a true low cost model, and yes the fares are cheap, but bag fees, and food fees etc etc etc add up, and its just not worth it.  

Back in the garden!
Message 3 of 6
AverageJoe1970
Contributor

I'm in the process of dumping my Frontier card - which does carry an $59.00 annual fee - at least for my World MC. Moving the CL over to my (Apple) Financing card. At one time, it was great quickly accummulating miles and flying w/ Frontier... not so much anymore.

Wasn't always this way. Lessons learned.
Scores: Exp838 || Tu840 || Equ839
Credit Card Collection: Chase Sapphire Reserve 48K || Chase United 43K || Barclays Apple 39K || AMEX CASH 37K || BOA CASH 35K || Apple 25K || FNB AMEX 20K || Chase Amazon 15K ||
Utilization: >1%
Message 4 of 6
Mvpbowler
Contributor

OG - Call and see about Product Changing it to a Barclay Card Arrival or Rewards card. Both no annual fees and great cards.

Message 5 of 6
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for that!  It didn't even cross my mind to ask!

Back in the garden!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.