Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bofa Secured Card

tag
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bofa Secured Card

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:
Should I get a Other Secured Card With a Higher Limt Was thinking citi bank us bank or Wells Fargo here's the cards I have now

2 Capital Ones $750 Limt $300 Limt
Credit One $300
Bofa $300
Macys $300
Express $500
Daniels $560
Wal-Mart $400

Here is where you stand. - Right now I`d recomend you garden for awhile

You dont have a single card with a limit over $1000 - thus new creditors are giving you low limits - and will continue to do so.

You have 2 Capital One Accounts that will never grow with you... And 2 is the Max they allow with them unless you have a orchard/HSBC account moved over. So you are maxed out with them and dont expect those limits to grow either.

I`d pay that BofA card off, wait for it to report and ask for it to unsecure --  If they do - great - If they dont, add those additional funds to where get you at least over $1000 & wait for those GE cards and Macys to age a little bit and let their CLI`s take you over a 1000 . Once you start getting some unsecured cards with limits over 1000, then you need to start applying for some non capital one unsercured credit cards and get rid of that Credit One & BofA ( if they dont unsecure it ) with the goal of eventually eventually getting rid of those Capital One cards as you get higher & higher limits elsewhere in the coming years

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 11 of 14
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

Ok I am gonna close the credit one next month
And can't close the capital one $300 Limt cause that was my first card I ever get I think that will hurt my aaoa so I am Gonna keep the cap 1 cards for now Intill I get better cards

So if they don't unsecure my card your saying to close it isn't that a bad idea?

Once my cards show little balances next month I am gonna ask for cli only SP's cause need to let some inqs fall off in couple months
By 2014 Feb I should have a little better limts and I can app for better cards and I been gardening for awhile
Message 12 of 14
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:
Ok I am gonna close the credit one next month
And can't close the capital one $300 Limt cause that was my first card I ever get I think that will hurt my aaoa so I am Gonna keep the cap 1 cards for now Intill I get better cards

So if they don't unsecure my card your saying to close it isn't that a bad idea?

Once my cards show little balances next month I am gonna ask for cli only SP's cause need to let some inqs fall off in couple months
By 2014 Feb I should have a little better limts and I can app for better cards and I been gardening for awhile

Before you close any card be sure to read the sticky about closing credit cards.

You are in the same stage I am in... cards, but they are low limit cards... If we apply somewhere for a new account -- we get ANOTHER low limit card. Whats the point in getting another $300-$500 card?

I would keep that BofA secured card  ( if they dont unsecure it ) until you can get another major card that is unsecured that has at least a 1000 limit. If they unsecure it, then BofA would undoubtedly bring it up to 1000 within a short period of time.

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 13 of 14
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

I only had the credit one card for 7 months now I don't think it will care on my aaoa but I paid the $75 AF so I wanna keep it Intill the 12th month mark then close it befor the new AF so I think it will be better
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.