Senior Contributor
drkaje

Re: Capital One AF

A buddy of mine started out with Cap1, post BK. 8 years later they would not waive the AF so he cancelled it. Previous year he called asking for it to be waived but they offered an unsecured card with $10K limit, LOL!

He kept the $10K card.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 754 FICO, EQ 732 FICO
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Mustanglvr2006

drkaje wrote:

A buddy of mine started out with Cap1, post BK. 8 years later they would not waive the AF so he cancelled it. Previous year he called asking for it to be waived but they offered an unsecured card with $10K limit, LOL!

He kept the $10K card.

:smileysurprised: Is there ANY rhyme or reason behind Crap1's decisions????????????????????????????????????????????

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Senior Contributor
drkaje

Mustanglvr2006 wrote:

drkaje wrote:

He kept the $10K card.

:smileysurprised: Is there ANY rhyme or reason behind Crap1's decisions????????????????????????????????????????????

Here's what I think: Card companies put you in a certain risk group upon initial approval. Some companies let you graduate and others do not. I also feel companies have separatet divisions to manage trade line tiers. My Citi CashReturns and Diamond preferred Worlds have a different customer service numbers. CashReturns is pretty much always handled stateside and they are far friendlier, despite both having limits around $10K. You can get account help from either number but I always call the CashReturns' customer service for help.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 754 FICO, EQ 732 FICO
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Regular Contributor
daylove

[ Edited ]

bichonmom wrote:
I'd like to know the as well. I plan on trying to get them to waive AF in March - otherwise I will close acct.

Why applying for a card with an annual fee if you do not want to pay it? Do not expect them to waive it...

Regular Contributor
crazysxycool

daylove wrote:

bichonmom wrote:
I'd like to know the as well. I plan on trying to get them to waive AF in March - otherwise I will close acct.

Why applying for a card with an annual fee if you do not want to pay it? Do not expect them to waive it...

Well daylove I can't speak for anyone else but I applied for this card ages ago so I could start rebuilding my credit because at that time I had file a BK and really didn't have a choice.  I'm WAYYYYY past poor credit now and do need to pay their AF anymore.  I really don't use the card anyway.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+