Valued Contributor
AndySoCal

Re: Capital One CLI or APR request?

I would presume it owuld be Discover more if another Disocver card is better suited ask the CSR if you can apply for that card instead.
Equifax My FICO score 815 5/28/2012, 818 on 7/28/2014 . Average of Accounts 12 years and no Installment accounts. MyFICO TU 810 6/26/2012 809 4/21/2013 MyFICO XPN -805. 2/26/2014 Discover TU FICO 813 App free since 9/2011
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

ssghandless wrote:

Do you have the phone number or email via PM for the Executive Office so I could try it? I got the same response as the last user...

PM'd to you. 

Valued Member
dollardan

Well, here's an update ...

I called HouseHold Bank (I think they are now HSBC, which was just bought by Captial One).

They did a quick review, I suppose it includes a soft pull, and came back with.... drum roll.... a $200 CLI and removed the annual fee! Wowee.

Called Capital One (thanks to jsucool76 for exec ph#)... can't do a product change, but they waived fee and put in request for a large CLI plus adding a rewards program.  They will get back to me in a couple of days with results.

I am curious to hear what they come back with, but I think that I will reply to that Discover offer and then close both these accounts.

Senior Contributor
jsucool76

The executive office seems very helpful. When I had my issue with them the woman literally pulled up my account and told me everything I needed to know in maybe 2 minutes. When I speak with a regular CSR there is like a 5-10 minute wait between me giving them my information and them actually being able to even begin to address my problem. Only time that was different was when I called the transaction department when my card got declined. No automated machine, just an immediate answer. 

Best of luck, I'm sure they'll come through for you. Keep us updated!! 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}