New Contributor

Chase Amazon CLI ?

Is it possible to get a CLI after the first statement on the Chase Amazon visa? They gave me a $500 limit, and I ran about 900 dollars through the card, and had bout 750 worth of payments. The rest was the balance I paid when the statement closed. With this 500 limit I cant even buy the 1000 dollar exercise machine I was looking to buy off Amazon, so I ended up having to put most of it on my BoA visa, then the rest on the chase card.

Super Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon CLI ?

[ Edited ]

way2evil wrote:

Is it possible to get a CLI after the first statement on the Chase Amazon visa? They gave me a $500 limit, and I ran about 900 dollars through the card, and had bout 750 worth of payments. The rest was the balance I paid when the statement closed. With this 500 limit I cant even buy the 1000 dollar exercise machine I was looking to buy off Amazon, so I ended up having to put most of it on my BoA visa, then the rest on the chase card.

Have anything changed in your credit files since applying for the card?  If not, the analyst would be reviewing the same credit information that got you the $500 limit.  give it 6 months for them to establish a rapport of your credit with them. 

Regular Contributor

Yep, I'm in the same boat as you as well.  I received a $400 limit from them and have dropped at $3000 in the month and a half since I've gotten the card.  It's kind of a pain when you're trying to pay it off faster than the outstanding balance will allow you to.  I'm worried about another hard inquiry, or else I'd try and ask for a CLI.  

TU: 752, EQ: 761, EX: 745
New Contributor

DI wrote:

way2evil wrote:

Have anything changed in your credit files since applying for the card?  If not, the analyst would be reviewing the same credit information that got you the $500 limit.  give it 6 months for them to establish a rapport of your credit with them. 

Nope. What do you think the chances are of me getting approved for any type of CLI? I dont really mind the hard, I barely have any on EX (4) and 0 on EQ. Three of those 4 are set to drop off this month.

New Contributor

Yea it sucks, I honestly would have put about 3-4k through this card if it had a higher limit.

New Contributor

Called the backdoor and increased to $1,000. Easy.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.