Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI?

tag
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

Chase Freedom CLI?

in prepping for my first wave of CLI. I was curious to know the rules of the road with Chase and their Freedom card. I dont see a love button per se.

I have alredy ran about $4800 through the card and have PIF. Anyone know when its safe to do your first CLI request and how to do it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI?

Chase is a conservative lender. I have had card with them 5.5 years never a CLI with scores north 800 from MY FICO.  I would not even waste an inquiry.

One more thing...

Keep in mind when you ask for CLI the lender evalutes your credit worthiness. Credit worthiness is not just your payment history with them but all your creditors and also the amount of debt you have.  It is the belief on this board it is fine to ask every six months. Some have had sucess in doing so. I do not agree with this. I would make sure you have at least a year of history with the creditor especially in todays credit environment.  Also before you hsk for a CLI know which type of inquiry it  is Hard ( which will affect your score) or soft (which not  affect your score). I would also consider each card and the credit limit on it.  For example I have three store cards Lowes, JC Penney and Target. For what I buy there the credit limit is more than enough for my purchases. So I will not ask for CLI's from those creditors no need to. In almost 30 years I have asked for s CLI four or five times  and had 50% sucess rate. All the CLI's have auto increases. Just something to think about.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 4
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

cool I will leave that one alone Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Chase is always a hard and you can just call the back door number and do it instantly while on phone HOWEVER it appears in the last year or so they have gotten SUPER weird stingy with new CL and CLI.

it Seems weird because over the last 6 months I have been seeing posts about 15-20k Credit lines on airline, travel type cards but freedom and saphire I have been seeing CL's as low as $500 and CLI as low as like $800... I just don't really get the change in them lately.

My partner has a car loan with Chase and all credit cards with limits of $7500 and up and fico of 810 and got a 1k line with Chase.

I have Chase cards that were open back in 2005-2007 and those had CL's over 15k but I have started moving all business away from them, actually closed checking yesterday, just shopping a line of credit right now to pay the 13k on Chase Southwest that is already closed and be done with them.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.