Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire...denied...Recon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire...denied...Recon?

So my "application is under review" turned into a denial letter. I'm not too surprised. My baddies seem to never drop off! Even with a 688 EX pull they did. I only have two baddies that are "not that old" like 3.5 yrs and only because I got laid off and had to choose between rent, truck payment, and food or pay credit cards. So I'm wondering if I should recon? ? ? I Just got approved for their United Mileage Plus Explorer Card, which I'm excitedly waiting for to arrive in the mail!!!! 

What do you all think!?!?!

Cheers! Smiley Happy

Edit: 3/29/12

Called and asked for a Recon and although the lady was very nice and helpful she couldn't get it approved. She asked me about the two baddies and I explained the situation and she said that the problem was that the Sapphire has a starting CL of $5k and since my highest CL is $2500 she couldn't approve the app. But she said to use the United Mileage card for six months and she said to call back and talk about a CL increase or roll over the CL on the Mileage card towards oppening a Sapphire card. 

Oh well. In time I guess. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
h4ldol
Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire...denied...Recon?

Can't hurt to recon since they presumably already did a HP, even though the chance may not be that high (with the baddies and especially having just gotten a card with them).  But still, the worst they can say is no.

Message 2 of 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire...denied...Recon?

@h4ldol wrote:

Can't hurt to recon since they presumably already did a HP, even though the chance may not be that high (with the baddies and especially having just gotten a card with them).  But still, the worst they can say is no.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.