Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheated the System!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Cheated the System!

Right on!!!! Ain't nobody got time for an AF!!!
That's what I'm talkin' about...
You played by the rules... Forget that AA nonsense heh
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 21 of 37
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

Yeahhhhhyuhhhhhhhh! ;-)

Thanks CredityoungandWorthy!

AmEx BCE - 2K, Clear from AmEx - 2K, Bank of America Travel Rewards - 10K, Chase Freedom - 4.3K, U.S. Bank College Visa - $600, Discover More Card - 7K, Citi Dividend Card for Students - 2.1K, Barclay Rewards MC-2.5K, Macys Red Card-1.8K, Bank of America AmEx-15K, Banana Republic Visa-2.5K, Chase CSP-10K, Chase Saphire-5K,
Message 22 of 37
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Some of you guys are riduclous with these codes of ethics stuff, it's not that serious. Congrats to the OP. He played within rules, and got what "he" wanted, which if you haven't noticed is very rare for today's consumer.  Get it while the getting is good. You don't get to become a "big" business by playing within rules anyway, and I know for sure somewhere in Amex's history... they have dirt on 'em. I say live and let live.

Matter of fact to the OP, what was the number you used I would like to try and a PC my dang self?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 23 of 37
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

Thank you, WarJar! And AMEN!!!

I just called the number on the back of my card, the AmEx customer service line.

Took me less than 5 mins to PC. And I spoke to an American; thank God!
AmEx BCE - 2K, Clear from AmEx - 2K, Bank of America Travel Rewards - 10K, Chase Freedom - 4.3K, U.S. Bank College Visa - $600, Discover More Card - 7K, Citi Dividend Card for Students - 2.1K, Barclay Rewards MC-2.5K, Macys Red Card-1.8K, Bank of America AmEx-15K, Banana Republic Visa-2.5K, Chase CSP-10K, Chase Saphire-5K,
Message 24 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

Some of you guys are riduclous with these codes of ethics stuff, it's not that serious. Congrats to the OP. He played within rules, and got what "he" wanted, which if you haven't noticed is very rare for today's consumer.  Get it while the getting is good. You don't get to become a "big" business by playing within rules anyway, and I know for sure somewhere in Amex's history... they have dirt on 'em. I say live and let live.

Matter of fact to the OP, what was the number you used I would like to try and a PC my dang self?

+1.  For those complaining, how is what OP did much different from recon and recon, call and get a different rep and recon again?  Why not just accept that the lender has rules and the first decision stands?

Message 25 of 37
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Comparing a recon for approval to purposely apping for a bonus just to close is not accurate. When yo u recon your just asking for a reconsideration for adeclined app, there is no intention of trying to game the system there unless after they approve you you get the bonus and close the card.

There's not a real valid making it right argument on apping just for bonus points because your only taking advantage of a loophole. You know Its not ethical but you do It anyway. Just because its not illegal does not make it right to do over and over again.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Comparing a recon for approval to purposely apping for a bonus just to close is not accurate. When yo u recon your just asking for a reconsideration for adeclined app, there is no intention of trying to game the system there unless after they approve you you get the bonus and close the card.

There's not a real valid making it right argument on apping just for bonus points because your only taking advantage of a loophole. You know Its not ethical but you do It anyway. Just because its not illegal does not make it right to do over and over again.

The initial recon, I can see.  The advice (which I think you have also given!) to hang up, call back and try to get a different rep, is, IMO, also gaming the system to some extent.  You have been told no twice, initially and on recon, but you are taking advantage of multiple reps to try get the answer you want. 

There doesn't seem exactly a clear bright line between those two things, unless ethics come from  "one I do so that's OK but the other I don't so it isn't"

Message 27 of 37
CS800
Super Contributor

I can see nothing good coming of out this thread.

I think everyone has made their point and as we can see, the spectrum of opinions is vast Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 37
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

What about the people who recon and recon and recon ONLY to get the bonus, then close or PC?!?

Let's not pretend like that doesn't happen.
But really...
Who cares? Do we really need to be trolled about earning points when "too big to fail" banks are still taking in BILLIONS of dollars in profits annually?!?
Banking is still profitable folks...
Move along, nothin' to see here!!!!
Chances are, fabD's cred is fabulous enough that Amex doesn't care bc they will make those hefty swipe fees for the next 5,10,15 or even 20 years on the account(s). It's in Amex's best interest to adhere to the consumer's credit needs as to ensure profitability; that is "the goal of firms" afterall. Refer to Adam Smith; yeah, I went there! :-P
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 29 of 37
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

While it's perfectly OK to discuss this topic, be sure to do so in a civil, friendly, polite, and supportive way. Remember, a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.