Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi World elite Weirdness

tag
Knowname
Established Member

Re: Citi World elite Weirdness

I called Citi bank's customer service and asked them if I could get a credit limit increase from 1,200 to 5000.  The underwriter put me on hold for a long while.  She came back told me she was having her manager look it over.  Came back on the phone and said I was approved for 5,000.  She didnt ask any questions other than my income and my mortgage payment.  

So now my World elite mastercard has a 5k limit.

What I do find interesting is that when I looked through the card benefits and she and I received the exact same card benefit brouchure.  

Discover It 5K (lowered it from 15.5K); AMEX BCP 5KGoal 800 (lowered from 15k) Amazon Store Card 1,600: 740: Current TU 789 EX 776 EQ 754
Message 11 of 19
elim
Senior Contributor

some have received a wemc when they requested a replacement card.   when her's is wore out, she can try that.

Message 12 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Knowname wrote:

I called Citi bank's customer service and asked them if I could get a credit limit increase from 1,200 to 5000.  The underwriter put me on hold for a long while.  She came back told me she was having her manager look it over.  Came back on the phone and said I was approved for 5,000.  She didnt ask any questions other than my income and my mortgage payment.  

So now my World elite mastercard has a 5k limit.

What I do find interesting is that when I looked through the card benefits and she and I received the exact same card benefit brouchure.  

Just be on the lookout for a HP on your CR since any customer-initiated CLIs are HP (unless the SP option is/was available).  The WE benefits structure for Citi DC are just watered-down benefits from the standard WEMC as offered by other products.  Trust me, you're not missing much especially if you're not going to take much advantage of them.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the point to get the WEMC? I got it mailed to me today, but not that excited-- for my ignorance.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you travel or use purchase protection? if not, there's nothing exciting besides silver balls. and people only like those during the holidays Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
do you travel or use purchase protection? if not, there's nothing exciting besides silver balls. and people only like those during the holidays Smiley Wink

Forgive me for reviving an older thread,,,I was issued a WEMC with 1000 starting limit.I am going to be doing some traveling and was wondering what are the beneits to having the WEMC versus the other.Again, forgive my ignorance and thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Forgive me for reviving an older thread,,,I was issued a WEMC with 1000 starting limit.I am going to be doing some traveling and was wondering what are the beneits to having the WEMC versus the other.Again, forgive my ignorance and thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

Check out this Mastercard webpage. https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/find-card-products/credit-cards/world-elite.html
Message 17 of 19
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

there is other stuff.... Got Free upgrade to National Emerald Exectuive status and considering I use them for 99% of my car rentals it was nice to get it earlier than usual. I usually end up with it after a while anyways.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

And that falls in to travel...
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.