Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Fico Score

tag
FA21
New Contributor

Discover Fico Score

I recently applied to a secured Discover CC.  The card offers the posibility of check your FICO Credit Score but in my case when I tried to acces the FICO feature, I receive a message that said:  "  We dont have a FICO Credit Score for you"

Is this normal for new Discover card users?  Thanks

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Platinum $300.00; Discover (secure) $200.00; Bank One $300.00 (April 2017)

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Quicksilver $1800.00; Discover $2000.00; (March 2019)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Fico Score

It's normal.  My first FICO showed up one month after the account opened. Opened on the 17th, one month later on the 17th the FICO score was available.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I had the same thing. It showed about a day after I recieved and activated the card. They will also include a snapshot of your score when approved in the documentation that you recieve.

Message 3 of 8
FA21
New Contributor

I opened my account on March 31, 2017, hoping that the FICO update is around the corner...Thanks..

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Platinum $300.00; Discover (secure) $200.00; Bank One $300.00 (April 2017)

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Quicksilver $1800.00; Discover $2000.00; (March 2019)
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that the statement opening date on your online banking page?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife and i both got a secure discover around the end of March. Our Ficos didnt show until our 1st statement this week. I'm guessing discover only pulls the score once a month to save from having to pay fico and the CRA more than they have to.
Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Also if you are new to establishing credit and have no previous credit accounts on your CRs it will take 6 months to generate a Fico score. To clarify 6 months from the date of the first card opened.

Message 7 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@FA21 wrote:

I opened my account on March 31, 2017, hoping that the FICO update is around the corner...Thanks..

FYI, Discover.com gives you a monthly FICO based on Trans Union. I've had a Discover It card for a couple years, and have a checking & IRA account with them, but didn't learn about this until recently: Open a free account at creditscorecard.com by Discover and they give you a free Experian FICO score monthly.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.