Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax only pullers?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Equifax only pullers?

@Anonymous wrote:

Surprised nobody mentioned Citi and Citi-backed store cards.

Moreover, I just came across an old thread where someone named Haulingthescoreup posted that almost all CUs pull EQ.

lol

Although to expand that a bit, CU's in the upper Midwest are more likely to pull TU. Also in Rhode Island, I've read, which still puzzles me.

The nice thing about CU's is that they'll generally tell you. If they pull Equifax, they'll probably call it a Beacon 5.0 (same thing.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an Amazon GEMB card and they pulled EQ for me as well.

Well, I guess it IS region-specific then. OP can get more help if they let us know which state they're in...

Message 12 of 18
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Surprised nobody mentioned Citi and Citi-backed store cards.

Moreover, I just came across an old thread where someone named Haulingthescoreup posted that almost all CUs pull EQ.

Citi (& any Citi backed issuers ie Macys/Bloomies, Home Depot) pull Experian for me (CA)

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an Amazon GEMB card and they pulled EQ for me as well.

Well, I guess it IS region-specific then. OP can get more help if they let us know which state they're in...

There's still traces of region-specificity, especially with CU's. But over time, regional differences seem to be fading, depending on the lender.

I remember reading that Discover pulled TU in middle and west Tennessee, but EQ in East Tennessee, which I found irritating. Smiley Tongue What, they go by time zone or something??

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 18
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

Target is an EQ puller as well (CA)

Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pushto700 wrote:

Target blacklists I think and I charged off $100 whole dollars on them many years ago. Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IME, and within the past 3 years, the following CCs have pulled EQ for us (in VA):

2007:

Chase

GE Capital

Target

Diners Club

JCP (GEMB)

US Bank

Lowes

Circuit City (LOL! - Chase)

GEMB Rewards CC

Citi

Omaha National Bank

National City (gone too. Pulled EQ once for me)

Exxon (Citi)

BP Visa (Chase)

Citi Driver's Edge

Toys R Us (Chase)

2008:

RoadLoans

Penfed

BofA Auto Services

Wachovia Dealer Services

WalMart (GEMB)

HSBC Best Buy

Citi's Premier Pass

Chase Bank

Suntrust

Discover

Chevy Chase Bank CC (now CapOne)

Marriott (Chase)

Best Buy MC

NASA FCU

JCP again (GEMB)

Citi Platinum

Nordstrom

Citi AAdvantage

Fairfax County Federal Credit Union

Home Depot MC

Mens Wearhouse (GEMB)

2009:

Citi

Discover

Penfed

Alliant CU

(slowing down with the apps)

2010:

App-free (other than for 1 loan...not EQ)

Message 17 of 18
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pushto700 wrote:

Target blacklists I think and I charged off $100 whole dollars on them many years ago. Smiley Sad

I hear ya...it happens. They don't deserve (or need) your valuable business. You definitely have options, which is great about credit. It can be perplexing at times, and yet also rewarding.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.