Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free FICO scores on which CCs?

tag
hudsons1
Established Member

Re: Free FICO scores on which CCs?

Doesn't Cap One supply TU?

Amex Delta Gold- Amex Premier Rewards- Discover IT -WF Cash Back Visa- Cap One Platinum- Cap One QS1 -US Bank Kroger Rewards Visa -Merrick Visa- Credit One Plat- Care Credit- Amex Optima-State Farm Visa
Message 21 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne has a "Credit Tracker" from TU, but is not a fico score
Message 22 of 43
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

its not a credit card, but if you have an ally auto account they now offer a free fico score via experian.

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 23 of 43
dethkultur
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just filled out the info. Got a 735 plus score. Is this a one time only, or can I log in every month, and see changes?

I just read the T&C.... https://partner.experiandirect.com/creditsecuref2f/Message.aspx?PageTypeID=TermsConditions&SiteVersionID=583&SiteID=100258&sc=GFT2X9&bcd=0001

"You may access your Experian® credit report and Experian® PLUS Score® for 30 days from the enrollment date. You must access your Experian® credit report and Experian® PLUS Score for the first time on the same date. For the 30 day access period, the report and your PLUS Score will remain static.

PLUS Scores range from 330 to 830 with a higher score indicating lower credit risk. While PLUS Scores may approximate credit scores used by lenders, PLUS Scores are not used by lenders and your PLUS Score may not match credit scores actually used by lenders. Thus, you should not rely only on your PLUS Score to understand how lenders will view your creditworthiness.

You may only enroll in the Product once in a 12 month period. You may renew your use of the Product no earlier than the anniversary date of your previous enrollment."

So honestly this is about as useful as CK. Might be good to surf through your EX credit report for free and see if you have any issues you should fix.

Message 24 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne has a Fako. I'm pretty sure it uses the same model that CK was using before the conversion to Vantage.

I don't have it in front of me, but I think Citi is a Fako as well, in that it is a bancard model, rather than a Fico 04 or 08
Message 25 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

It hasn't been mentioned yet, but Discover and Sallie Mae both provide TU Ficos.
Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks dethkultur!! When I heard Amex gives free ex scores, I was under the impression that is was monthly. Like Barclay, and discover. Ugh
Message 27 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@petrovius Did you bother even reading the thread? It's been stated on the first page already.
Message 28 of 43
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Just for slate for now.   Chase has indicated no plans to expand, perhaps to add value to Slate, which most people find useless after a BT.

ETA: Amex has been "rolling out" EX scores, so some people here have it, but many don't.  The rollout seems to be very slow (or stopped).  A number of us have asked status on the Amex forum, they are still trying to get the answer for us....

Do you know how to enroll the Amex score thing? Thanks.

http://americanexpress.com/creditscore 

Apparently another rep just told me that it was only available to targeted customers, when the previous one told me that I would have no issue of getting the credit score. 

What a dissapointment, AMEX. 

Edit: Here's the phone number to calling them regarding this situation: 1-888-771-4452 (found on above website)

Thanks for the link. It worked for me. Provided a PLUS Score of 762 on a scale of 330 - 830.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Lenders are not using the Plus score. If you read the fine print after logging in it says the score is not used by lenders. This is different from the free EX FICO Amex has offered to some of its customers....Im still waiting 😑

Right.  By roll-out I meant that they will enroll you if and when they do, not something you can initiate.   As others just found, Amex has other non-FICO products that some reps will guide you to.   

Not a whole lot of information about this inside Amex it seems, so some reps won't know what you are talking about, and those that do, can't help!

I got the EX PLUS score, and also some SCP told me the free FICO only available to some valuable customers. I guess you are right, and Amex can decide which group of members to have the free FICO score monitoring offer. We just can do nothing to it right now.

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.