Garden Club Meeting - July 2013

tag
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - July 2013

@LS2982 wrote:

I turn 31 today......................getting old Smiley Mad

Happy Gardening everyone!!!

Reached Gold status............now my eyes are set on Platinum and 1 full year in the Garden!!!

#GardenStrong

Yep I know how you feel. I'm only 23, but I feel old haha

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 701 of 2,774
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

Just checking in with the GC. Haven't posted much. Just been reading a lot and trying to keep my mind off of apping. Sent out a wave of GW letters about 2 weeks ago. To every single creditor I had a negative with. Every single letter merrited a response. However, none of the creditors were willing to offer a "goodwill adjustment". So i started emailing CEO's and got a response from BoA. Trying to remove a 30 day and a 60 day from back in 2007 lol. They contacted me back but I havent gotten to call them back yet so hope that goes well.

Would feel nice to at least get something adjusted. Going to send out another wave of GW letters again this week sometime. 

Called the attorney for a judgement I had, and he said he would not oppose any motion i filed to vacate the judgement. So I got in touch with an attorney friend of mine who is going to get the paperwork and help me through the process. Just glad I am seeing some positive light. 

and on a positive note! tomorrow is my bronze spade day!

**EDIT** 

The judgement has been satisfied. so attorney said he would not file a motion to vacate. but would not oppose any motion i filed. 

NFCU Flagship - 24k; CapOne Venture - 12k; Chase Slate - 9k; Chase Sapphire - 7.5k; NFCU NavChek - 5k; Amex BCE - 6.5k; Discover IT - 6k; BarClays - 9k;
Message 702 of 2,774
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@enxinas wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Reached Gold status............now my eyes are set on Platinum and 1 full year in the Garden!!!

#GardenStrong

Yep I know how you feel. I'm only 23, but I feel old haha

WOW!  If you feel old at 23,  what will you do when you hit 35? 

Message 703 of 2,774
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Emdee_MD wrote:

Just checking in with the GC. Haven't posted much. Just been reading a lot and trying to keep my mind off of apping. Sent out a wave of GW letters about 2 weeks ago. To every single creditor I had a negative with. Every single letter merrited a response. However, none of the creditors were willing to offer a "goodwill adjustment". So i started emailing CEO's and got a response from BoA. Trying to remove a 30 day and a 60 day from back in 2007 lol. They contacted me back but I havent gotten to call them back yet so hope that goes well.

Would feel nice to at least get something adjusted. Going to send out another wave of GW letters again this week sometime. 

Called the attorney for a judgement I had, and he said he would not oppose any motion i filed to vacate the judgement. So I got in touch with an attorney friend of mine who is going to get the paperwork and help me through the process. Just glad I am seeing some positive light. 

and on a positive note! tomorrow is my bronze spade day!

**EDIT** 

The judgement has been satisfied. so attorney said he would not file a motion to vacate. but would not oppose any motion i filed. 

Good to see you are using your time in the garden wisely.  Hope you get some adjustments.  Good luck!

Message 704 of 2,774
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Happy BD LS!! Congrats on the garden milestone!!

You are not getting older...just better!!!

At least that is what I'm telling myself as I turn the big 4-0 this year.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 705 of 2,774
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

#GardenStrong

Happy Birthday LS2982, make it a great year, good work on the Gold Spade its not easy. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 706 of 2,774
starry1
Valued Contributor

I'm reconsidering my bday app spree and pushing it back two months until November. That will give my largest CL, the navchek, a little time to age and in November I can take advantage of the easier store card approvals over the holidays. So I may just app for a Barclays or second cap1 in September and then go for wally, Target and jcp in November.

. Also all of my car loan inquiries will be removed from scoring in November, so I should get a little boost there.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 707 of 2,774
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

#GardenStrong

Happy bday! I'm looking forward to getting my Platnium spade when I turn the big 3-0.

Message 708 of 2,774
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@starry1 wrote:

I'm reconsidering my bday app spree and pushing it back two months until November. That will give my largest CL, the navchek, a little time to age and in November I can take advantage of the easier store card approvals over the holidays. So I may just app for a Barclays or second cap1 in September and then go for wally, Target and jcp in November.

. Also all of my car loan inquiries will be removed from scoring in November, so I should get a little boost there.

Uh Huh...So, you get to hang out here with me for a while longer!!

*8/10/13
Message 709 of 2,774
starry1
Valued Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

@starry1 wrote:

Uh Huh...So, you get to hang out here with me for a while longer!!

Well the food is pretty good and the booze is free!

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 710 of 2,774
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.