Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Zync hard limit removed

tag
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

Getting Zync hard limit removed

Has anyone had any recent luck getting the AmEx Zync hard limit removed?  i called and asked about it, and was told by a frontline CSR that the computer will auto-remove it when it deems me worthy.  Its not something I can request.

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Getting Zync hard limit removed

Your title is misleading.  And no. No one has gotten the hard limit removed.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 10
Link2k
Valued Member

@flowfaster wrote:

I don't think the title is misleading.  ???

And yes I have seen some get their hard limit removed but only those with the $200 limit no autopay option not the $500 with autopay option.

Message 3 of 10
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Link2k wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

And yes I have seen some get their hard limit removed but only those with the $200 limit no autopay option not the $500 with autopay option.

i have not seen any updates of anyone getting their limits removed.

i recently spoke with the EO and was read the terms and conditions of the card which specify this card is setup with the HL you choose whether it is the $500 or $200 and is not a card that can ever be PC'd or have the limit removed.  The lady even tried to manually change my limit from $500 to $3000 and it prompted her saying the card was ineligible for limit changes.

with the recent changes though...who knows, things could change.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 4 of 10
Link2k
Valued Member

@j_casteel wrote:

@Link2k wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

i recently spoke with the EO and was read the terms and conditions of the card which specify this card is setup with the HL you choose whether it is the $500 or $200 and is not a card that can ever be PC'd or have the limit removed.  The lady even tried to manually change my limit from $500 to $3000 and it prompted her saying the card was ineligible for limit changes.

As I said I have not seen those with the Autopay $500 limit removed but I have seen at least 2 with the $200 limit removed around July.

Message 5 of 10
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

That is what I thought.  I could not recall a single case when the $500 hard limit was removed.  So, i guess that means, after my mortgage stuff next summer, I'll have to cancel my card, then app for BCE or BCP.  (will probably wait until January for the backdating to have the most effect).

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 6 of 10
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Link2k wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@Link2k wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

As I said I have not seen those with the Autopay $500 limit removed but I have seen at least 2 with the $200 limit removed around July.

It doesn't matter which limit you have whether its the $200 or $500. The lady stated any Zync with a HL is NOT eligible. I've averaged ~$1800-$2000 per month through my card since I received it, and just make continual payments. I'll just continue using it like that until the beginning of next year and apply for a revolver, close the Zync, then get the PRG.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 7 of 10
Link2k
Valued Member

I asked the following questions: Will I ever be eligible to have the limit removed from my Zync card (I have the $500 with auto pay)?
Answer: Yes. Amex does periodic reviews and the card limit will be removed once they have enough history on the account. I explained there is information on the internet that said the limits will never be removed. She said that is not true.
Have any Zync card members that you know of had their limits removed?
Answer: Yes, other Zync card holders have had their limits removed over time. Has the Zync card been officially discontinued?

I have seen 2 separate reports of members saying their $200 limit was removed and clearly the CSR's disagree. I'm not sure why you are convinced that what I just told you is impossible

Message 8 of 10
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Link2k wrote:
I asked the following questions: Will I ever be eligible to have the limit removed from my Zync card (I have the $500 with auto pay)?
Answer: Yes. Amex does periodic reviews and the card limit will be removed once they have enough history on the account. I explained there is information on the internet that said the limits will never be removed. She said that is not true.
Have any Zync card members that you know of had their limits removed?
Answer: Yes, other Zync card holders have had their limits removed over time. Has the Zync card been officially discontinued?

I have seen 2 separate reports of members saying their $200 limit was removed and clearly the CSR's disagree. I'm not sure why you are convinced that what I just told you is impossible

I heard the same exact things when i first got approved for the card. "Use the card for 6-12 months and during a monthly SP we will remove the limit." I heard that from the frontline CSR's.

Believe what you want, but for now I'm just going to listen to what the lady from the executive office with 20+yrs working at AMEX informed me of. By all means, if it happens then awesome....that would be great, and I'll be one of the first ones to say congrats, but I got to take the info she gave me over the few rumored threads of people having the HL removed. She apologized a lot about the confusion and even seen notations on my account showing that I had called in to request a CLI or have the HL completely removed and was confused on why the CSR just didn't inform me that the Zync card's with HL's were ineligible. She explained everything very well, and even offered some suggestions to help me in the future. She never mentioned the Zync would keep me from getting approved for another AMEX card, like some have also suggested on here being the reason they are not getting approved, etc.

I'm not trying to argue with you just offering you, in my opinion, factual data from a lady who had no reason to give me false info. She seen how much I put through the card, the multitude of payments I make, my annual salary, and how much my score has improved since getting the card. She even tried to manually change my limit. If there was something she could've done then it would've been done.

Either way...I wish you good luck.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 9 of 10
RyVision
Valued Contributor

In a way both answers are correct.  Before Zync was "frozen" when they decided to no longer take new applications for it, AMEX did remove the HL for some, it was often at the 6 or 12 month mark.  For now, there are really no changes allowed on that card.  As for PCing it, no, that was never allowed.

Hopefully, other forum members who have had the HL removed will chime in if they see this thread (I know they exist, I've seen them post about it).

The other thing no one at AMEX, even in the "EO" will tell anyone, is AMEX can change it's "mind" any time it wants and often does.  Smiley LOL

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.