Established Member
ericdj

HSBC.....

While trying to access my acct to pay my CC bill I got "locked out" when I entered the CORRECT personal info. So I finally talked to a nice lady who told me to try again in 30 minutes.  She then asked if there was anything else. So I asked how do I get an CLI so that I can pay for airfare? ( Limit went from $1250 to $300.00 with an 804 FICO). So she said to call 800 318 4821 and apply for a NEW card. Anyone know what the deal is,?
Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

Re: HSBC.....

ericdj wrote:
While trying to access my acct to pay my CC bill I got "locked out" when I entered the CORRECT personal info. So I finally talked to a nice lady who told me to try again in 30 minutes.  She then asked if there was anything else. So I asked how do I get an CLI so that I can pay for airfare? ( Limit went from $1250 to $300.00 with an 804 FICO). So she said to call 800 318 4821 and apply for a NEW card. Anyone know what the deal is,?

What HSBC card do you have? How long have you had it, and how much do you use it?

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Established Member
ericdj

Platinum since 12/05, use it 2X/week, always PIF
Valued Member
thedaveytrain

CapOne did that to me a few years ago, I asked for an increase for something and they denied it, then in the same phone call they gave me a new card with a $1,000 limit. It's never made any sense to me!
01/25/10 - TU 709, EQ 729, EX 705
Established Contributor
ObsessedwithmyFico

I've had HBSC and CapOne cards.  I could never get a CLI, but they kept giving me more cards.  At one point, I had three of each.  They were all cancelled after I found myfico.com and "fixed" my credit and got better cards.  Now the limit on one of my cards is way more than the limit I had on all six of those cards combined.

Frequent Contributor
eddymvp

I just canceled my HSBC card last week as they refused to waive the AF. I had it for two years and they never gave me a CLI.  I will never do business with them again.
Established Member
ericdj

I just now tried the ph # to HSBC and got to listen to a man's voice tell me to go online to apply for a card!  Hmm....I guess the next step is to try and use my current card to see if it still works.  My current balance is $00.00  They'll probably think this is too high.......and want me to start paying an AF.....

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+