Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Inquiry when BOA 99/500 became unsecure

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hard Inquiry when BOA 99/500 became unsecure

I just checked my TC. There is a hard inq on my TU yesterday and that is when my card became unsecure. I guess the CSR must have put me on hold and pulled TU before he made my card unsecure. Oh well, we win some and loose some. I guess the inq is part of getting the card unsecured.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hard Inquiry when BOA 99/500 became unsecure

Yep it is standard I took a hard when mine unsecured a year ago. Not a big deal if you think about it BofA is all softs for CLI every 6 months from now on.

However make sure your regular plat plus visa has no annual fee attached. They screwed up mine when it unsecured and had to call them to get it removed this month.

Did they bump your Cl any btw they raised mine from 300 to 500 when I graduated.

Message Edited by shreco on 06-14-2008 04:15 AM
Message 2 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

They increased CL on my card from $500 to $1000.

shreco wrote:
Yep it is standard I took a hard when mine unsecured a year ago. Not a big deal if you think about it BofA is all softs for CLI every 6 months from now on.

However make sure your regular plat plus visa has no annual fee attached. They screwed up mine when it unsecured and had to call them to get it removed this month.

Did they bump your Cl any btw they raised mine from 300 to 500 when I graduated.

Message Edited by shreco on 06-14-2008 04:15 AM

Message 3 of 9
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

you're so lucky concord!! BofA pulls EX here in NJ =(

Congrats on the CL, and the unsecured way into the prime-land!! CLIs are all soft every 3 months with BofA and they are plenty generous upto a certain amount
Message 4 of 9
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, I have a secured card from BOA and i am on the 9th month for tommorow 6/15 I spoke with BOA last week and hopefully they are going to review my case for graduation I live out in MA and I am wondering if anyone may know what CR will they pull hopefully it will be TU that is my highest score and less baddies.  I know when i applied for the card i had two hard pulls TU and EX.  any information will be helpful.  thanks.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled TU on me last year when I went unsecured in VA.
Message 6 of 9
nicemann
Established Contributor

Talking to the backdoor reps....if they need to pull your report they will either pull EX or TU.  Last time I applied over the phone the rep actually asked me which one I would prefer for them to look at.  It was a soft anyways but at least they asked.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats concord, I am gonna do the same in the next month. what was your score at that time?
Message 8 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

They pulled TU. I think my scores were around 705 on TU.

mindbot7 wrote:
congrats concord, I am gonna do the same in the next month. what was your score at that time?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.