Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help re: multiple inquiries for Chase

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Help re: multiple inquiries for Chase

@rubbinitout wrote:

OK so the consensus is that Chase did nothing wrong here...

I agree that it was GM's fault for applying incorrectly in the first place - and yes I should have helped her with it - but I still think Chase should've known the outcome of a potential 4th app.  And so they should not have told GM to reapply when they would inevitably deny.

Anyway, I will try the EO. I'll go on conference call with GM and explain the situation. I'll report back later with my findings.

Hopefully she can get her CSP!

no not EO

use this: Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

Message 11 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@john398 wrote:

@rubbinitout wrote:

OK so the consensus is that Chase did nothing wrong here...

I agree that it was GM's fault for applying incorrectly in the first place - and yes I should have helped her with it - but I still think Chase should've known the outcome of a potential 4th app.  And so they should not have told GM to reapply when they would inevitably deny.

Anyway, I will try the EO. I'll go on conference call with GM and explain the situation. I'll report back later with my findings.

Hopefully she can get her CSP!

no not EO

use this: Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

I agree.. this number first and then EO if not resolved. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 18
rubbinitout
Valued Member

ok thanks for the update on the right number to call...

will update later on!

Message 13 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome. Best of luck to the grandparents!
Message 14 of 18
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@rubbinitout wrote:

- but I still think Chase should've known the outcome of a potential 4th app. 

The person who she talks with wouldn't know the outcome. The computer is what decides that. The CSR isn't Chase, the computer is.

Message 15 of 18
MrMurphyBrown
Regular Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:
I don't see Chase intentionally misleading your grandmother. It seems she incorrectly app'd for 2 of the wrong cards and then tried to app for the correct card making it the 3rd app. The CSR's do not know everything about each persons credit file, and had no way knowing the computer would deny her for inq.'s. I suggest calling the backdoor # to recon but don't start a thread stating she was intentionally mislead to do something she did on her own.

+1  no...  +2

Several other cards in the sock drawer. A few late payments that are legit from a few years ago. I may get motivated while in the garden to contend with Synchrony and try to get a good will deletion. Utilization and inquiries are my main score dings. I tend to sit in the 650-680 range most of the time because I love hitting "apply" buttons.
Message 16 of 18
rubbinitout
Valued Member

Hope everyone had a nice weekend/Easter...

*Update: had a conversation with grandmother and Chase on Fri.  Learned that there has been nothing wrong financially with the apps, just difficulty in verifying her identity. The SP app is now with the verification dept since they finally received the fax with her supporting documents. She'll learn an answer on that soon.

Unfortunately, the first Freedom app was denied because of fraud reasons, though they didn't ask to verify her identity. They suspected fraud because her app used a new address that was not listed on her credit reports. That, combined with the fact she hadn't requested new credit in years - felt like the perfect storm for fraud.

Anyway, after she called a few times and told her story of what she was ultimately trying to accomplish, Chase then asked for ID verification.

Lastly, there is nothing they can do about the 2nd Freedom app. It's standard procedure for them to recommend reapplying for a card if an app was denied because of ID verifications. And unfortunately the reps/analysts cannot say whether or not the app will be approved since that would eliminate the need for actually applying. Since this was a 4th app to Chase, their computer model just denied it outright. GM will need to wait for an answer on the SP card first, then app for Freedom if she still wants it.

I appreciate the help with this situation. I'll make a separate thread on the approval forum if she does receive her card.

Message 17 of 18
KCL75

Similar things happen to me with Chase Marriott

They asked me to varified my identity. I think it was because my SSN is new. 

So I faxed them utility bills and green card twice and it took them more than a month to verify and decided my green card was not a valid  because the document it recieved was too dark,

I kept calling every otherday to see if they update my file but the analyst kept saying it wasn't scanned yet. Then when they finally got my document, they said it took too long and asked me to apply again. I wasted 3 hard inquiries and is afraid they will reject me with too many inquiries. should I apply again?

I got my HSBC and Amex card without SSN when I moved to US. AAOA is 3.5 years

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.