ann1113

Help with Credit Card Debt

We are current on all of our credit cards however in looking a budget we continue to be short each month. We have come up with a pretty realistic budget for necessary items (shelter, food, utility, etc.) However we are trying to wipe out our credit cards debt and were thinking if we could get on a DMP where they might lower our monthly payments and our interest rates we could within 4 to 5 years be able to payoff all our cc debt. What can be expected in a DMP do companies work with you on lowering you interest rates or monthly payment amounts? What is the best way to go about this.
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help with Credit Card Debt

FTC webpage: Knee Deep in Debt
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Super Contributor
marty56

Re: Help with Credit Card Debt

I finished a DMP program about 2 years ago.  They will lower your interest payments but your monthly payment would probably go up since the longest you can be in a DMP program is 5 years.  If you are interested in the company I used, send me a PM.
11/28/2014 FICO: EQ: 796 EX:788 TU:803

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}