Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will fidelity refund me?

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

How will fidelity refund me?

I activated the CMA check card or debit card or whatever the name is because i heard you guys mention that they refund you for the ATM fees.

I used it today, but I only see a transaction of total 63.5 (3.5$ is the atm withdraw fee from withdrawing money from an ATM that is not fidelity's).. I am not sure how they would know the 3.5 is the fee.. there aren't two entries at all.. Smiley Sad

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: How will fidelity refund me?

Maybe call and check.  The claim is:

All Fidelity ATM withdrawal fees will be waived for your Fidelity® Cash Management Account. In addition, your Fidelity® Cash Management Account will automatically be reimbursed for all ATM fees charged by other institutions while using a Fidelity Visa® Gold Check Card linked to your Fidelity® Cash Management Account at any ATM displaying the Visa®, Plus® or Star® logos. The reimbursement will be credited to the Fidelity® Cash Management Account the same day the ATM fee is debited from the account

So it should be the same day, and it sounds like it wasn't.   The accounts (not Fidelity) I use tend to reimburse at the end of the month.

Message 2 of 10
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Maybe call and check.  The claim is:

All Fidelity ATM withdrawal fees will be waived for your Fidelity® Cash Management Account. In addition, your Fidelity® Cash Management Account will automatically be reimbursed for all ATM fees charged by other institutions while using a Fidelity Visa® Gold Check Card linked to your Fidelity® Cash Management Account at any ATM displaying the Visa®, Plus® or Star® logos. The reimbursement will be credited to the Fidelity® Cash Management Account the same day the ATM fee is debited from the account

So it should be the same day, and it sounds like it wasn't.   The accounts (not Fidelity) I use tend to reimburse at the end of the month.

i don't really mind if it reimburse later.. but i just don't know how they would even know the $3.5 is the atm fee?? there isn't another transaction listed as (atm fee or whatever).. i am not sure if this is normal?

Message 3 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

if it works the way USAA refunds the fees, they just know the fee amount in the back end some how and figure out what to refund

Message 4 of 10
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Smiley Sad

hopefully fidelity is as smart as USAA...

Message 5 of 10
IWOL
Established Contributor

The fee reimbursment takes a few days to show up I think. I dont check it everyday so I cant remember exactly how long but its a day or two and you will see a credit on your account.

They have never missed a reimbursemnt on my account. Ive had $389 in ATM fees reimbursed over the last 12 months.

Message 6 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

i don't really mind if it reimburse later.. but i just don't know how they would even know the $3.5 is the atm fee?? there isn't another transaction listed as (atm fee or whatever).. i am not sure if this is normal?

Keep in mind that the account itself is actually managed by UMB Bank. Debit card in particular is issued by PNC.

IIRC my Charles Schwab doesn't list ATM fee separately, and it was refunded at the end of the statement. So the same should apply to Fidelity.

Message 7 of 10
gh17
Frequent Contributor

I wondered this when I first got Ally - the transactions all showed up like $23 - but they've been fine about it.  The chat rep told me they have a list of all ATM fees.  I don't know if that's true or not but somehow they figure it out.  I imagine Fidelity is the same.

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 8 of 10
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

The fee reimbursment takes a few days to show up I think. I dont check it everyday so I cant remember exactly how long but its a day or two and you will see a credit on your account.

They have never missed a reimbursemnt on my account. Ive had $389 in ATM fees reimbursed over the last 12 months.

this makes me feel better since you have the same card.. Smiley Very Happy i was kinda worried to try using the fidelity in a citizens atm...

Message 9 of 10
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@gh17 wrote:

I wondered this when I first got Ally - the transactions all showed up like $23 - but they've been fine about it.  The chat rep told me they have a list of all ATM fees.  I don't know if that's true or not but somehow they figure it out.  I imagine Fidelity is the same.

At least i know that it's normal that there aren't two separated entries for the money withdrawn and the fee .... hope that fidelity is the same! waiting.. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.