Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's store card not reporting limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's store card not reporting limit

Macy's suddenly stopped reporting my credit limit, only the balance. How does this affect my score when they don't know my utilization?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macy's store card not reporting limit

They stopped around May or so. A lot of us were impacted. Per your FICO, that TL's balance and CL are removed from scoring. That's a good thing if it had high util. It's a bad thing if it had a low balance and the CL helped your overall util. My util spiked by over 20% after Bloomingdales and Macys (DSNB accounts) removed the CL. I lost over $7000 in available credit and my scores took a beating.

Message 2 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

A lengthy discussion on this topic can be found Here

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply and link

Message 4 of 5
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

I feel your pain. Just when I received a massive credit line increase ($1300) from Bloomingdale's and start doing the happy dance, I find out that they're no longer reporting credit limits to the reporting agencies. Oy! It's the epitome of bittersweet, lol..   BUT, the fact that they upped me by such a large amount gives me hope that I'm on the right track and should just keep doing what I'm doing and it'll pay off in the end.

Update: I found out that both Macy's and Bloomingdale's upped me to $1500... OH the cruel irony of it all. Work so hard to get credit limits within those ranges only to have them not being reported so other creditors can see the responsible man I've become, lol..

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.