Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must APP

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Must APP

I am so addicted. I must app for more cards!

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Must APP

Do you have an Amex already?Smiley Wink

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 46
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

An Appoholic maybe?  Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 46
distantarray
Established Contributor

perfect time for an Amex cause it's end of the year if you don't have one already.... because of back dating

So if you get a card now Oct 2012, in Jan 2013 you'll have 3-4 months of history by January. If you call and apply over the phone for more Amex in Jan you can get 2 cards for 1 inquiry.

Here's where backdating gets interesting. Member start date only states the year on your card, so 2012 the month it reports is based on the month you applied for the card.

So if you get 2 new cards in January it'll report that you had the account since 2012 giving you 24months of credit history + the first card you applied for in Oct (this month if you get approved)  so you'll have 27-28 months of credit history instead of 3-4 in January.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 46
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Or get a Discover... New card designs can scratch the itch sometimes without any damage.

Message 5 of 46
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Just apped and got approved for amex hhonors, citi ty pref, chase freedom, and a us bank card....but must app for more!

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 46
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

perfect time for an Amex cause it's end of the year if you don't have one already.... because of back dating

So if you get a card now Oct 2012, in Jan 2013 you'll have 3-4 months of history by January. If you call and apply over the phone for more Amex in Jan you can get 2 cards for 1 inquiry.

Here's where backdating gets interesting. Member start date only states the year on your card, so 2012 the month it reports is based on the month you applied for the card.

So if you get 2 new cards in January it'll report that you had the account since 2012 giving you 24months of credit history + the first card you applied for in Oct (this month if you get approved)  so you'll have 27-28 months of credit history instead of 3-4 in January.

I'll app for another in january...but it's so far away

BCE or Blue Sky?

Message 7 of 46
distantarray
Established Contributor

BCP Smiley Tongue unuless you do all your grocery shopping at places like super target, or super walmart.

6% in groceries pays off in the end

not to mention for BCP they're giving you $150 after you spend $1000 in first 3 months and first year annual fee waived, so that's 3 years of annual fees. The BCP will pay itself back it's annual fees readily. Also these numbers aren't based off of people buying gas gift cards to get 6% off as well, but they're creating a limit for grocery purchases next year but if you get one now you'll be locked in for an entire year. (confirmed by amex reps)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 8 of 46
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

BCP Smiley Tongue unuless you do all your grocery shopping at places like super target, or super walmart.

not to mention for BCP they're giving you $150 after you spend $1000 in first 3 months and first year annual fee waived, so that's 3 years of annual fees. The BCP will pay itself back it's annual fees readily. Also these numbers aren't based off of people buying gas gift cards to get 6% off as well, but they're creating a limit for grocery purchases next year but if you get one now you'll be locked in for an entire year. (confirmed by amex reps)

Don't want an annual fee. I try to only stick with cards that have no AF. 5 years from now even if I am not using the card, I can leave it open without worrying about the annual fee. I can also put my spending towards spend requirements on other cards for their intro bonus's. Hope that makes sense, just don't want to commit to an AF. I could close it after the first year, but I am not up for doing that yet with cards.

Message 9 of 46
HiLine
Blogger

@Dustink wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

Don't want an annual fee. I try to only stick with cards that have no AF. 5 years from now even if I am not using the card, I can leave it open without worrying about the annual fee. I can also put my spending towards spend requirements on other cards for their intro bonus's. Hope that makes sense, just don't want to commit to an AF. I could close it after the first year, but I am not up for doing that yet with cards.

If you have the will to do it, get a card with an annual fee, then ask for a downgrade to a no-annual fee version when you no longer wish to use it.

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.